Indra Gandhi National Open University is a very popular University which is known by the name of IGNOU. The university was formed long back in the year 1985 and from then it has been offering quality education to all the students enrolled under it. The university provides distance learning educational opportunities to a large number of students under its numerous courses and programs like Arts, Science, Commerce, etc. all the aspirants who want to pursue their under graduate course from this university can apply by filling an online application form available on the official website of IGNOU. Following are more details about its IGNOU admission 2018 procedure, eligibility, application fee, exam pattern etc for the year 2018:
IGNOU Important Dates 2018
All the aspirants who want admission in the university for numerous courses in the year 2018 then they must go through the following important date of exam. Students must visit the official website as these dates mentioned below are tentative ones.
|S. No.||Exam||Event||Date (Tentative)|
|M.Phill & Ph.D.||Application begins from||September 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||October 2017|
|Exam date||December 2017|
|OPENMAT XL||Admission Form Available||June 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||September 2017|
|Date of exam||October 2017|
|OPENMAT XLI||Admission Form Available||June 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||December 2017|
|Date of exam||February 2018|
|B.Ed. & B.Sc Nursing||Last date to submit the application form||September 2017|
|Date of exam||October 2017|
Note: It may be noted by all the aspirants that these dates may vary with the actual ones thus one must visit the official website for exact dates.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU Admissions 2018
Before applying for different courses aspirants must go through different eligibility conditions issued by the examination authority. As only the eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the 2018 exam. Following are the details regarding numerous eligibility conditions issued by the university board-
|S. No.||Courses||Eligibility criteria|
|1||MBA||Aspirant must hold a Bachelor degree in any stream. All those who are still appearing in the finals are also eligible.|
|2||BCA||Candidate must be minimum 12th passed from a recognized board & no age limit is prescribed.|
|3||MCA||Candidates must hold a minimum bachelor degree from any recognized university and also hold the graduation or 12th level with mathematics subject as main subject.|
|4||MA (English/Economics/History), MSW||Candidates must hold bachelor or a higher degree from any recognized college.|
|5||BSW||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
|6||BA & B.Com||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
|7||B.Sc||12th with science subjects or equivalent exam.|
|8||PG Diploma in Rural Development||Bachelor’s degree is required|
|9||Diploma in Tourism Studies||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
|10||Diploma in Dairy Technology||Passed 10+2 or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
IGNOU Application Form 2018:
All those aspirant who want to take admission in IGNOU, they are required to fill and submit an application form which is available online. There are different forms for different courses candidates must follow the given steps in details to fill the IGNOU application form.
- Candidates must note that they can fill their application form from the official website of IGNOU however they have a plus point even where they can also fill and submit their application form even through offline medium.
- All the candidates are first required to register themselves on the website providing necessary details after which they will be allotted with a registration ID and Password.
- Once registered candidates must login again and can easily fill thir application form available at the notification section of the page providing Application form 2018
- Candidates are also required to attach their recent passport sized photograph and their signature along with their application form.
- Once the form is filled at last they are required to pay the prospective application fee
- After the above steps candidates can download and print their application form for further purposes.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 200 as application fee for online payment methods whereas Rs 250 for offline mediums.
- Candidates can pay the examination fee through their debit cards or credit cards or even through net banking mediums.
IGNOU Exam Pattern for 2018 exams
All the candidates who are going to appear in the examination in the year 2018 must be aware of the examination pattern which will help them crack the exam easily. Following are the details regarding the same-
- The board format will be different for different papers i.e. for various courses there will be a separate exam pattern for more details candidate must visit the official website.
- The question asked in the exam will be from subjects like mental aptitude, quantitative analysis, logical reasoning and general knowledge
IGNOU Admit Card 2018
All the students will be eligible to appear in the term end exam only when they generate their admit card before the date of exam. Without admit card no one will be allowed to appear in the exam. It is a mandatory document to sit in the exam. A student can download their IGNOU admit card from the official website of IGNOU. Admit card will be released by the board much before the exam commences. Admit card will consist of important details like candidates name, their address, date of exam, venue their roll number etc. One must not forget to carry their admit card along with identity proof on the date of the exam.
IGNOU Result 2018
After the completion of exams, the board will soon release results for various courses for which exam have been held. These results can be easily checked by each and every candidate from the official website of IGNOU by entering their valid registration ID and Password provided at the time of registration. This results will consist of score card depicting the performance of every candidate on the basis of which they will be granted admissions under different courses.