UPSC CDS 2018: The “Combined Defence Services” Examination (CDSE) is a defence recruitment examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice every year. The exam is held to grant admissions to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. Successful candidates are then trained in one of the defence academies to join one of the Indian defence services for the post of officers. CDS exam notifications are usually released in July/August and October/November months. Read further for CDS 2018 notification, exam date, eligibility details, exam pattern & syllabus and other details.
CDS (I) 2018 Notification:
The official notification for the CDS Examination (I), 2018 will be released on 08th November, 2017. Candidates, who want to apply for the CDS 2018 examination, can read the notification and other details on this page. The application process will be held online. UPSC conducts CDS examination twice every year. Those, who are interested in this recruitment, can download the official CDS 2018 notification for more details about eligibility and recruitment process. CDS 2018 examination will be held in February 2018.
CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria details for CDS (I) 2018 exam are mentioned below.
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India. Only unmarried persons can apply for this exam.
Education qualification: The minimum qualification requirement for CDS 2018 is a degree in Engineering from a recognized university. Candidates must also have studied Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- For INA, IMA & AFA recruitment courses, age limit is between 20 to 24 years
- For OTA course, the age limit is 25 years.
Besides the basic criteria, a candidate must be physically fit at the time of application.
CDS 2018 Application Fee:
Rs. 200/- for General & OBC category candidates and no fee for other reserved categories. Application fee can be paid in cash or through online mode.
CDS (I) 2018 Application Form Process:
Those, who wish to apply for the CDS examination, need to read the official notification to make sure they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Then, you can apply online for CDS 2018 exam by following the steps below. The last date for online application is 4th December, 2017.
Procedure to apply online for CDS (I) 2018:
- Visit the website upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the link that says “Online Application for various examinations of UPSC”
- On the next page, click on Part-I Registration link for CDS (I) exam.
- Read the instructions and continue.
- Enter your details and submit.
- A registration ID will be generated after Part-I registration.
- Now, continue to Part-II registration using the registration ID and your Date of birth.
- Pay application fee, select exam center, upload your latest photo & signature and submit your application.
- Download or take a print out of the application form for future reference.
CDS (I) 2018 Important Dates:
CDS (I) 2018 exam schedule is given below.
|Date of notification||08.11.2017|
|Starting date for online application:||08.11.2017|
|Last date for online application:||04.12.2017|
|CDS (I) 2018 Admit Card Release date:||Last week of January 2018|
|CDS (I) 2018 Online Exam Date||04.02.2018 (Sunday)|
|CDS 2018 Result date:||Will be updated soon.|
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
CDS exam is conducted offline based on the following pattern.
- Exam mode: offline (written)
- No. of papers: 2 for OTA and 3 for INA, IMA & AFA
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics (Only for INA, IMA & AFA)
- Each paper duration is 2 hours. Total duration is 6 hours (4 hours for OTA course)
- Maximum marks: 300 (100 each subject) for INA, IMA & AFA and 200 for OTA
- All papers will include only objective type questions.
- The written examination is followed by an SSB interview.
CDS 2018 Syllabus:
- English: Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks
- G.K.: Current events, latest affairs, politics, sports, Indian history, geography, scientific questions, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, etc.
CDS (I) 2018 Admit Card
CDS 2018 written exam admit cards will be released at least one week before the exam. CDS (I) 2018 exam is scheduled on 4th February and the admit cards will be released by the last week of January 2018. Candidates can download CDS 2018 admit cards here.
CDS 2018 Result
UPSC will release a merit list of all the candidates who clear the written examination cut off. CDS (I) 2018 written exam result will be released 2-3 months after the exam. The merit list will be prepared based on CDS 2018 exam cut off score. Candidates, who made to the merit list, will be called for the SSB interview round.