GATE 2018 online application will start from September 01, 2017. Candidates who are going to apply for GATE 2018 must know about GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Following are the details about GATE online Application Processing System.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is known by the name of GATE. All the aspirants who want admission in various IIT colleges for different Engineering courses need to appear in this exam. The exam is organized and administered by IITs each and every year on the national level test. All the aspirant who wants to appear in the exam needs to apply by filling an application form through GOAPS i.e. GATE Online Application Processing System. Students are required to first register themselves on the same online platform by providing necessary information’s after which they will be eligible to apply. After applying students can also request the system for a different examination center with the help of GOAPS the exam is held every year by the month of September. Following are more details regarding the registration procedure.
GOAPS Important Links:
- GATE 2018 Details
- GATE 2018 Admit Card
- GATE 2018 Results
- GATE 2018 Online Application
- GATE Answer Key 2018 Release
What is GOAPS?
The GATE online Application Processing system (GOAPS) is an online Interface provided by the IIT Gauhati for the processing of GATE 2018 Entrance Test. With the help of this interface, you can:
- Submit online application for the entrance exam.
- Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such and Degree certificates, category certificate etc.
- It will also help you to pay the examination fee.
- You can also check the status of your application.
- Download Admit Card
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
To use GOAPS, first, you have to register by providing an email address, mobile number and GOAPS password. Communication-related to an application will be sent via email and mobile number, So you must provide valid email id and personal mobile number. After filling details and submitting details, you will be provided GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password.
In order to submit an application, check application status and to download admit card from the GOAPS, you have to enter enrollment id and password generated during registration.
Procedure to apply through GOAPS
Following are the detailed steps involved for filling online application for GATE
- At first, candidates are required to visit the official website of GATE
- A candidate need to register themselves to GOAPS by entering necessary details
- Once registered candidates will be sent a unique ID and Password on the email id provided
- A candidate now has to login the website using this unique id and password
- One can now apply for the application form by clicking on the application forms link and filling in all the mandatory details
- Candidates are also required to upload their recent passport size photograph along with the application form once done a candidate need to click on submit button
- At last, they have to pay the required application fee
- At last, they can print the hard copy of application form for further purposes.
Note: through GOAPS all the students can save their data while filling an application form which can be resumed later on till the due date by logging in. GATE Online Application Payment System also helps candidates to preview their finally filled in application form for any corrections.
Documents/Data required (Indian Candidates):
Following are the list of various documents that are required while filling the application form for GATE:
- One has to provide numerous personal details like name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, parents name etc.
- Another important detail include a valid address for communication with a valid PIN code
- Eligibility degree details
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of your photograph
- Scanned image of your signature
- Scanned image of your thumb impression
- Scanned copy in PDF format of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates)/Provisional certificate (letter) from the Institute for final year students (or pre-final year students of dual-degree streams)
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- ID Proof: Only Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees
GOAPS Application Status:
Candidates can also check the application status on the GOAPS website. After submitting the application, the student must check the status of their application. To know the status of the application, you will need registration details, so you can login with your registration details to know GATE 2018 Application Status.
|Notification release date:||July 2017|
|Starting date for Online Application:||01 September 2017|
|Last date of Online Application:||05 October 2017|
|Last date for corrections in application form:||05 October 2017|
|GATE 2018 admit card availability:||First week January 2018|
|Exam date:||3, 4, 10 & 11February 2018|
|GATE 2018 Answer Keys availability:||One week after online exam|
|GATE 2018 Result Announcement:||March 2018|
|GATE 2018 counseling starts from:||April 2018|
For further details about GOAPS Login, online application, forget password please write us by usin the comment box.