CAT 2018: All those candidates who wish to pursue MBA as a career option are needed to give CAT. This Common Admission Test is popularly known as CAT. Every year Indian Institute of Management conducts CAT so as to invite admission into various MBA colleges. CAT is held on the national level where students from all over the country sit in the exam with the desire to get admission in various Postgraduate management programs that are offered at various colleges and universities. If students want admission in various top colleges of India then they must qualify CAT which is a mandatory entrance examination for these and many other good colleges. Once students qualify CAT only then they are eligible to attend counseling in different colleges thus it acts as a gateway for a student in different colleges in India. Following are in-depth details about CAT 2018 eligibility, application, exam pattern etc.
CAT 2018: Important Dates
Following are some important dates (tentative) regarding CAT 2018:
|Release of Advertisement||Last week of Jul 2018|
|Starting of Online Registration||2nd week of Aug 2018|
|Registration Last date||Last week of Sept 2018|
|Release of Admit card||4th week of Oct 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of Dec 2018|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of Jan 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018:
Following are the eligibility conditions which all the students must pass in order to be eligible for CAT 2018 examination:
- All the students are eligible for CAT 2018 only when they hold a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized college or institute.
- All the students belonging to general category must have got at least 50% marks in their qualifying exam whereas this falls down to 45% marks for reserved category candidates.
- A candidate who is still giving his/her qualifying exam is also eligible to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who are holding any of the CA/CS/ICWA professional degrees are also eligible.
Application form for CAT 2018:
Following are the details regarding registration and application form for CAT 2018
- All those who want to appear in CAT 2018 need to fill the application form which is available on the official website of CAT.
- All the candidates are required to register themselves on the website
- After which you will be allotted a unique Id and password
- Now after the above steps, a candidate needs to fill in the application form online by providing all the necessary details in the form.
- Candidates are also required to upload their recent passport size photograph and their signature along with the application form
- Once these steps are over the candidates are required to pay the required fee as mentioned below
- Now the candidates need to take print out the duly filled application form for further references.
- Candidates can pay their fees through debit/credit cards or net banking
- The application fees for all general category candidates is Rs. 1700 whereas for other reserved category candidates is Rs. 850
- Candidates are also required to pay some additional charges-
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
CAT 2018: Exam Pattern
Following are the details regarding exam pattern for CAT 2018 examination:
- CAT 2018 will be conducted on online mode through digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The paper will consist of objective types questions
- The total time period allotted for the exam is 180 minutes.
- The total number of question that will be asked in the exam is 100 questions divided into different sections.
- It should also be noted that negative marking is a part of the exam, 1 mark will be reduced for every wrong answer and 3 marks will be allotted for every right answer.
- Following are section wise allotment-
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2018 Syllabus:
- The paper does not contain any sort of Fixed syllabus
- Students need to analyze past year papers and mock test to get an idea about the syllabus for CAT 2018
- The paper will comprise question from four subjects named Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
Admit Card for CAT 2018:
- Once a candidate fills application form and pays the fees they will now be eligible for admit card.
- All the candidates will be issued admit card which can be downloaded from the official website of the board.
- Admit card will be released by the last week of October 2018. It is to be noted that admit card will be available only on the website and candidates will not be sent admit card through post or email.
- Admit card is a mandatory document for all the students to appear in the exam without admit card they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
CAT 2018 Result:
- Once the exam is completed successfully the board conducting exam will release the results for CAT 2018
- All the candidates can easily view their admit card on the official website of the board through their unique id and password provided earlier.
- Only those candidates will be eligible for counseling and interview session clear the exam and who are above the cutoff list provided.
- Students are also advised to print out the result for further purposes.