IBPS PO 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection popularly known as IBPS every year invites application for the post of Probationary Officer. The exam is held every year in the month of July/August. All the students who wish to apply for this post can fill the application form available on the official website of IBPS. The examination will be held in two parts thus candidates are required to know in depth about its eligibility criteria’s, exam pattern and other important details which are mentioned below.
Important Dates (tentative) for IBPS PO 2018 Notification:
Following are the important details regarding the examination dates, students should keep in mind that these are tentative dates candidates are required to visit the official website for updates:
|S. No.||Events of the Exam||Related Dates|
|1||Date of releasing of online application form||July 2018|
|2||Deadline for registration||August 2018|
|3||Preliminary Exam Admit card will release||October 2018|
|4||Preliminary Exam Date||October 2018|
|5||Date of declaration of Preliminary exam result||November 2018|
|6||Main Exam Admit card will release||November 2018|
|7||Main Exam Date||November 2018|
|8||Date of release of Main Exam result||December 2018|
|9||Interview admit card will release||January 2019|
Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2018:
All the students who wish to apply for the post of IBPS PO 2018 must fulfill the eligibility conditions. Following are some important points regarding candidates eligibility-
- Only those candidates are eligible for IBPS PO 2018 who holds the citizenship of India or belong to Nepal or Bhutan.
Educational qualification for IBPS PO
- All the candidates are eligible only when they possess a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college or university.
- All the students are required to hold their certificate of graduation exams.
Age Limit of candidates
- All the candidates who wish to appear for the IBPS PO examination must be of minimum 20 years whereas the maximum age limit for the candidate is 30 years as on 01.07.2018
- Candidates are also allotted various age relaxation which the applicant can see from the official website of IBPS PO.
- Candidate must calculate their age as mentioned on their High School (10th) certificate.
IBPS PO 2018 Application Form:
All the candidates who satisfy the eligibility conditions can apply for IBPS PO by filling the application form. Following are the details regarding the application form-
- All the students can fill the form by visiting the official website of IBPS PO i.e. ibps.in
- It is to be kept in mind that application form for IBPS PO 2018 is available only at its official website.
- Candidates need to register themselves by filling necessary details as asked in the application form
- Along with the form, candidates are also required to attach recent passport sized photograph and their signature
- After the above steps candidate needs to pay the required application fees for IBPS PO 2018.
- At last students need to print out the application form for further references.
All the candidates belonging to the general category are required to pay fees i.e. Rs 600 whereas for other category candidates of SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen are required to pay only Rs. 100 as their fees. This can be paid through debit/ credit or net banking options.
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2018 exam is divided into two parts. These include preliminary exam and other is Main exam. All the candidates who qualify preliminary are only eligible to give Mains. The IBPS PO 2018 paper will be in two languages i.e. Hindi and English. Following are the details regarding exam pattern-
IBPS PO Preliminary Examination:
|S. No.||Paper Section||Number of Questions||Max
|Duration of Exam|
IBPS PO Main Examination
|S. No.||Paper Section||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Duration of Exam|
|1.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||2.20 hours|
(with Banking reference)
- Candidates should keep in mind that there is negative marking in the exam. For every wrong option, .25 marks will be deducted.
IBPS PO 2018 Admit cards
All the candidates who have successfully filled in the application form and paid their fees will be able to download their admit card once it gets released by the board. The expected dates for IBPS PO 2018 admit card is from October 2018. Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website of IBPS. Students should keep in minds that admit card is very important document through which one can appear in the exam.
IBPS PO 2018 Cut off
Once the exam is finished IBPS will release the cut off marks for all the candidates. It is the least marks which the candidates must hold to clear the IBPS PO exam. The board of examination will release the cut off on the official website of IBPS where all the students can get updated easily. It should also be noted that this cut off marks is based on different points like no. of students appeared in exam, the level of examination in terms of difficulty and number of post available in banks for PO.
IBPS PO 2018 Results (Details)
Once the exam is over the board will also declare the results for all the candidates which will be available on the official website of IBPS. The board will release the results for preliminary by the month of November 2018 whereas the Results for the mains exam are expected by the month of December 2018. All those who clear the results will be eligible for the interview for the post of PO in various banks.