SSC CGL 2018 Notification is expected to be released in the month of April 2018. This year, the SSC will conduct CGL examination in the month of June 2018. Candidates who are preparing to appear in the exam are advised to read full details below.
Staff Selection Commission commonly known as SSC conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exams each and every next year. The exam is conducted to invite applications from numerous numbers of students who want to apply for various posts that are vacant in the government sector. The exam is divided into four different levels a candidate needs to clear each level with required number of marks to be eligible for the post. Following are in-depth details about the examination.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates (Tentative):
Following are the tentative dates for SSC CGL 2018:
|Online registration process will start from||March 2018|
|Last date to apply for SSC CGL||April 2018|
|Examination date for SSC CGL tier -1||June 2018|
|SSC CGL tier -1 admit card will be available from||May 2018|
|Result of SSC CGL tier -1 will be declared on||August 2018|
|Exam date for SSC CGL tier -2||September 2018|
|SSC CGL tier -2 admit card will be available from||August 2018|
|SSC CGL tier -2 result declaration||October 2018|
|SSC CGL tier -3 date of examination||November 2018|
|Date of skill test/interview/computer skill test||December 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2018:
All the students who wish to apply for SSC CGL must first go through various eligibility criteria that have been established by the board for all the students. Given below is the eligibility criteria listed by the board conducting exam;
- All the students willing to apply for the application form must possess a graduation degree or a bachelors degree in any field from a recognized college or university in India.
SSC CGL 2018 age limit:
- Only those candidates are eligible who belong to the age group ranging from 18 years to 27 years, age of the students should be more than 18 on 1 August of the exam year. Age relaxation is also provided to students which are shown below-
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|3||Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|4||OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
Procedure to apply for SSC CGL 2018:
Given below are the steps that need to be taken to apply-
- Candidates can apply for SSC CGL 2018 only from the official website of SSC
- A candidate must first visit the site and then click on Apply for SSC CGL link.
- After the above step one needs to register themselves on the site this registration process is divided into two stages
- A candidate needs to carefully provide all the information in both the stages
- A candidate is also required to attach and upload their recent passport size photograph and signature with the application form
- After the above steps, the candidate is required to pay the required fees and click on submit button.
- At last, one can easily take the print out of the acknowledgment for further purposes.
Application Fee for SSC CGL 2018:
- All the students are required to pay application fees for the exam
- The fees for general category students is Rs. 100 whereas application fees for females and other candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH and ex –servicemen are exempt from paying the fees.
- All the students can pay their fees through debit card/credit cards or even through net banking.
- It is to be noted that application fees once paid by students will not be refunded.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam pattern:
Following are the details regarding the exam pattern-
- The exam will be conducted in three levels i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3
- The first level will consist of objective types questions which will be held online.
- The students qualifying level 1 will be able to appear for level 2 which will be objective type’s question (Computer based test).
- Whereas the tier-3 exam will be skill test/computer ability test
SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus:
SSC CGL 2018 will contain question from different subjects. The tier-1 of the exam will contain questions from Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, English Comprehension and General Awareness. The paper will consist of 50 questions from all the above sections. Whereas the Tier-2 of the exam will comprise only two subjects questions will be asked from Quantitative Abilities and English Language and Comprehension total of 300 questions will be asked in tier-2 of the exam.
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card:
All the students who have successfully filled the application form and have also paid their application fees will now be able to download their admit card for SSC CGL 2018. The admit card is a very important document for all students to appear in the exam. All the students can download their admit cards easily which will be made available on the official website of SSC from the first week of May 2018.
SSC CGL 2017 Selection Procedure:
All the students appearing for SSC CGL 2018 will be selected based on their performance and merit in the exam. As mentioned above the exam is divided into four tiers. All the students need to clear all these Tiers so as to be selected for various governmental posts.
SSC CGL 2018 Answer Key:
Once the exams are over the board conducting exam will publish the answer key for all the students across India. Students will be easily seeing the answer key of different Tiers on the official website of SSC. The answer key will give students a rough idea about their chances of passing the exam.
Result for SSC CGL 2018
Once the exam is over the board conducting the exam will release the results which will be displayed on the official website of the board. The results for SSC CGL 2018 are expected to be announced within 3 months from the date of exams. All the students can easily check their result on the website and accordingly prepare for next level.