UPSC IAS 2018 Notification: The Indian Civil Services Examination, or commonly known as the IAS Examination is one of the most popular recruitment exams in India. The official notification for the Civil Services Examination 2018 will be released on 07 February 2018 and the online application process will continue till 06 March 2018. The Civil Services or IAS (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on 03 June 2018. Candidates, who are going to apply for the IAS 2018 examination, can find here more about IAS 2018 notification, exam dates, eligibility and other details.
UPSC Exam 2018:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), on behalf of the government of India, conducts a common recruitment examination every year for hiring personnel for various administrative positions in the Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Forest Services (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), IRS and many other reputed services and organizations in the country. The Civil Services Examination is the highest level recruitment exam in India. As per the UPSC Calendar 2018, the next Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination is scheduled on 03 June 2018, for which online applications will be accepted from 07 February to 06 March, 2018. Now, the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam is also conducted through Civil Services Examination. The Civil Services (Main) Examination 2018 will be held on 01 October 2018.
UPSC IAS (Civil Services) 2018 Notification:
The official notification for IAS (Preliminary) Exam 2018 will be released in February.
Total number of the Posts: — 1000
Civil Services selected candidates will be appointed in one of the following Departments/Services: IAAS, IAS, IPS, IFS, ICAS, IRS, Indian Postal Service, IOFS, IIS, IRTS, IRAS and many more.
The UPSC will release separate notifications for IAS Prelim and IAS Main examination, inviting separate applications for the two exams. The notification for the IAS Preliminary Exam 2018 will be released soon. The online application process will begin soon after the release of notification. Candidate can apply through the official UPSC website on or before the last date for Civil Services (Prelim) 2018.
UPSC IAS (Civil Services) Exam 2018 Important Dates:
The schedule for the upcoming IAS 2018 examination is given below.
- Notification release date: 07 February 2018
- Starting date for Online registration: 07 February 2018
- End date for online registration: 06 March 2018
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam date: 03 June 2018
- IAS (Preliminary) 2018 Result date: September 2018
- IAS (Main) Exam date: 01 October 2018
Candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for IAS (Prelim) Exam.
Graduation (degree) from a recognized college/university.
- For General category: the upper age limit is 32 years and maximum number of attempts limit is 6.
- For OBC: Upper age limit is 35 years and attempts limit is 9.
- For SC/ST: Upper age limit is 37 years and no attempts limit.
- PH candidates: Upper age limit is 42 years and attempts limit is 9 for General category and no bar for SC/ST.
- J & K Domicile: Upper age limit is 37 years for General, 40 years for OBC/SC/ST & 50 years for PH candidates, and no attempts limit.
- Disabled servicemen, disabled on duty: Upper age limit is 37 years for General, 40 years for OBC/SC/ST, no bar on number of attempts.
IAS 2018 Application Fee:
The application fee for Civil Services Exam 2018 is Rs. 100 for General & OBC category candidates. There is no fee for SC/ST/PH and women applicants. The application fee can be paid online via SBI Net banking or credit/debit card of any bank, or offline by cash at any SBI branch.
Civil Services Exam 2018 Application Form
Candidates, who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, can fill the IAS online application form from 07 February to 06 March 2018 on the UPSC official website. There is the only online mode of applications and no applications will be accepted by post or any other method.
Follow the steps below to apply for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2018.
- Download and Read the official notification carefully.
- Visit the website upsconline.nic.in and click on the link for “Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) – 2018”
- On the next page, click on Civil Services Registration Part-I
- Fill in your personal details, education details, etc. and submit
- Save your registration number
- Make payment online or offline and complete the registration Part-II
- Save the online application for future reference.
IAS Preliminary Exam Results 2018
The results for IAS (Civil Services) Prelim examination will be released by September month. UPSC will release the list of qualified students along with All India Ranks (AIR) and individuals marks. Candidates can download their IAS exam result and score card from the UPSC website to check their subject-wise score and cut off marks.
IAS Pre 2018 Admit Cards
The admit cards for the IAS Preliminary Examination will be uploaded on the official website at least two weeks before the exam date. Candidates will be able to download their IAS Admit Card by submitting registration number and password.
Stay tuned to this page for more updates.