UPSC Online Application for various examination will start from January 2018 at upsc.gov.in. You need to know everything about UPSC Exam 2018; list of exam, calendar, online application, admit card etc.
UPSC is one of the most prestigious and difficult exams in India, every year a large number of students appear in different exams conducted by UPSC. These exams are conducted for filling vacancies in numerous department and government offices. UPSC online applications are invited from a large number of aspirants who want to work with various governmental sectors like Civil services, Defense Services, Engineering services etc. following are the list of UPSC exams that are being conducted by UPSC.
List of UPSC Exam 2018:
- NDA (National Defense Academy)
- CDS (Combined Defense Services Examination)
- Civil Services Examination
- SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice)
- ESE (Engineering Services Examination)
- Indian Economic Serve/Indian Statistical Examination
- CISF AC LDCE
- GE (Geologists Examination)
- AC (Central Armed Police Forces)
- Combined Medical Services Examination
The UPSC Civil Services Examination is popularly known as CSE, it is one of the most competitive and prestigious examinations that are conducted in India. The exam is organized and administered by Union Public Service Commission. This exam acts as a gateway for all the aspirants who want recruitment into numerous civil services that are being offered by the Government of India.
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2018 important dates
Following are the important dates regarding UPSC civil services exam 2018. Candidates should keep in mind that these are only tentative dates students are required to visit the official website for updates.
|Sr.||Details of the events under civil services exam||Date Assigned (tentative)|
|1||Release of official notification||7th February 2018|
|2||The last date to submit application forms||6th March 2018|
|3||Release of Admit card for exam||May 2018|
|4||Date of Written Examination (IAS 2018 Exam)||3rd June 2018||1st October 2018|
|5||Date of results Declaration||August/September 2018||January/February 2019|
Only those aspirants will be allowed to appear in the exam that fulfills the eligibility conditions. Following are the details regarding the eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Service Exam.
- The entire aspirants who wish to apply for Indian Administrative Services and Indian Police Service then must belong to Indian origin only then they will be eligible.
- Whereas for the rest of services, aspirants may be an Indian Citizen, or they can be from Nepal/ subject to Bhutan and other migrants with the main intentions to settle permanently in our country
All the aspirants will fall under eligibility even if they have any one of these educational qualifications-
- A candidate must hold any degree from Central, State or deemed university.
- A candidate must hold any degree from a recognized correspondence or distance education
- A candidate must pose some qualification that is recognized by Government and is equivalent to those mentioned above.
The entire candidates that belong to general category must fall within the age limit of 21 years to 32 years. Whereas for the reserved category candidates this age criterion differs this is given below.
- The age criteria for OBC category students are 32 years.
- Whereas for SC candidates and ST candidates the age criteria is 37 years
The UPSC Online Application for Civil services examination will be accepted through official website of the commission. Aspirants can fill the online application to appear in the exam in the month of February.
National Defense Academy is popularly known as NDA which invites admission for the different post in Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air force. The examination is held each year twice which is being organized and administered by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The exam is divided into NDA-1 and NDA-2 papers. Following are more details about the exam
NDA 2018 important dates
Following are the important dates regarding NDA 2018 exams. Students should keep in mind that these are only tentative dates thus they are advised to visit the official website for updates-
|S. No.||Events||NDA-I Schedule||NDA-II Schedule|
|1.||NDA notification will be released||January 2018||June 2018|
|2.||Online application form will be available||January 2018||June 2018|
|3.||Last date to submit application form||February 2018||June 2018|
|4.||Admit card release dates||April 2018||September 2018|
|5.||NDA 2018 exam||April 2018||September 2018|
|6.||Declaration of results||May 2018||October 2018|
All the candidates who wish to apply for the entrance exam need to fulfill the below-mentioned conditions only then they will be allowed to appear in the examination. All the students are advised to carefully go through all these points to be eligible for NDA 2018 exams;
- An aspirant will be eligible only when he belongs to Indian origins or Bhutan/Nepal.
- All those aspirants who are Tibetan refugees are also eligible only when they shifted to India before 1st January, 1962 with the solo intention to settle in India permanently.
Age Limit and Marital Status:
- For NDA-I- aspirants will fall under eligibility criteria only when they are born after 1st July 2002
- For NDA-II, all the aspirants will fall under eligibility only when thy are born after 1st January 2003
- Candidates should note that age proof, in this case, will be taken as that mentioned in their class 10th certificate.
- It is also mandatory for the candidates that they should be unmarried only then they will be eligible.
- Army wing: all those students who want to join the army wing must have qualified their 10+2 exams form a recognized university or board
- For Air Force and Naval Wings- all those who want to join Air Force and Navy aspirants must have cleared their 10+2 exams with PCM as main subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible for NDA 2018 exams
- All the applicants must meet all the physical standards that are being mentioned by the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2018.
UPSC online application invited from a large number of students for Combined Defense Services Examination known as CDS. The exam is organized and administered by UPSC twice annually. A large number of students apply for this national level exam from all across India, all the aspirants who wish to serve the nation can appear in this exam and join Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. This exam is held in two levels i.e. CDS 1 and CDS 2 which is held in the month of November and August every year. Following are more details about the UPSC CDS 2018 examination.
Following are the important dates regarding UPSC CDS 2018 exams students should note that these are only tentative dates and they are required to visit the official website for more updates.
|sr||Events||CDS-I Schedule||CDS-II Schedule|
|1.||Release of Notification||November, 2017||August, 2018|
|2.||Application form availability||November, 2017||September, 2018|
|3.||Last date to apply||December, 2017||October, 2018|
|4.||Release of admit card||February, 2018||November, 2018|
|5.||Entrance exam date||March, 2018||November, 2018|
|6.||Results declaration date||May, 2018||January, 2019|
Following are the details regarding Eligibility conditions for CDS exams, only the eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam thus one must be aware about these criteria given below-
- An aspirant will be eligible only when he belongs to Indian origins or Bhutan/Nepal
- All those aspirants who are Tibetan refugees are also eligible only when they shifted to India before 1st January, 1962 with the solo intention to settle in India permanently
- Age Limit and Marital Status
- Candidates will be eligible only when they fall within the age group of 20 years to 24 years
- All the applicants who wish to join the Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy must be unmarried
- Whereas those who want to join the Air Force Academy must be below 25 years and should be unmarried
- Educational qualification
- All those who want to join Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy they must poses a bachelor degree from a recognized university
- Whereas for Naval Academy candidates are required to poses a degree in Engineering from any recognized institution
- For Air Force Academy– all the aspirants for this must poses a degree in Engineering or must have cleared 10+2 exams with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Physical and Mental Status
- All the aspirants for CDS exam must be healthy in respect of physical and mental status.
UPSC invites Online Application for the post of Special Class Railway Apprentices known as SCRA. This exam is very popular and desirable amongst the students who wish to apply for Special Class Apprentices into Mechanical Engineering Department within Indian Railways. All the candidates who get selected through this exam are recruited as Special Class Railway Apprentices. Applicants can apply for this exam from the official website of UPSC. Following are more details about the exam and its eligibility.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC SCRA Exam 2018
Following are the details regarding Eligibility conditions for SCRA exams, only the eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam thus one must be aware of these criteria mentioned below-
- all the aspirants will be eligible only if they have cleared their 10+2 exams with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects. Other candidates who are graduates from mathematics are also eligible.
- All those aspirants who have cleared their first-year examination under the diploma course of Rural Service of National Council for Rural Higher Education from any university are also eligible for this exam.
- All the aspirants must fall within the age group from 17 years to 21 years. Whereas candidates belonging to the backward section are given certain age relaxation of 3-5 years.
An aspirant will be eligible only when he belongs to Indian origins or Bhutan/Nepal. All those aspirants who are Tibetan refugees are also eligible only when they shifted to India before 1st January, 1962 with the solo intention to settle in India permanently
all the candidates must be mentally and physically sound and fit before applying for the SCRA exam 2018.
Following are the important dates regarding UPSC SCRA 2018 exams students should note that these are only tentative dates and they are required to visit the official website for more updates.
|Notification Last Date UPSC SCRA||Dec- 2018|
|SCRA Application Form release Date||Dec- 2018|
|Exam date for UPSC SCRA 2018 exam||Jan- 2019|
UPSC Exams Calendar 2018
Following are the details about UPSC Calendar for 2018 exams students must visit the official website for more details regarding these examinations-
|Exam Name||Notification Date||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date||Duration|
|Engineering Services (Pre)||27.09.2017||23.10.2017||07.01.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||21.01.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|CDS (I)||08.11.2017||04.12.2017||04.02.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||25.02.2018 (Sunday)||1Day|
|CISF AC(EXE) LDCE-2018||06.12.2017||29.12.2017||04.03.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||11.03.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|NDA & NA (I)||10.01.2018||05.02.2018||22.04.2018(Sunday)||1 Day|
|Civil Services (Prelim) 2018 & IFS (Prelim) 2018||07.02.2018||06.03.2018||03.06.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|IES/ISS||21.03.2018||16.04.2018||29.06.2018 (Friday)||3 Days|
|Engineering Services (Main)||01.07.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Combined Medical Services Examination, 2018||11.04.2018||07.05.2018||22.07.2018||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||29.07.2018
|CAPF (AC)||25.04.2018||21.05.2018||12.08.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||23.09.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|CMS||26th Apr 2017||19th May 2017||13th Aug, 2017||1 Day|
|NDA & NA (II)||06.06.2018||02.07.2018||09.09.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||23.09.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Civil Services Main||_||_||01.10.2018 (Monday)||5 Days|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||28.10.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|CDS II||08.08.2018||03.09.2018||18.11.2018 (Sunday)||1 Day|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Examination||25.11.2018||1 Day|
|IFS Main||_||_||2.12.2018 (Sunday)||10 Days|
|SO/STENO||12.09.2018||05.10.2018||15.12.2018 (Sunday)||2 Days|
For more details about UPSC Exam Calendar 2018, please leave comment.