CBSE UGC NET 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education, on behalf of UGC (University Grant Commission), is going to conduct the annual National Eligibility Test (NET) in July this year. UGC CBSE NET is a national level examination that is conducted for the recruitment of suitable candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and/or Jr. Research Fellowship in various colleges and universities across India. The NET exam is scheduled to be held on 5th November, 2017 for which the notification will be released in July. The test will be conducted in 84 subjects.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Notification:
NET is an annual examination that is conducted by the CBSE board, usually in July every year. CBSE NET 2017 notification is expected to be released in July 2017 and the exam will be held in November this year. Candidates, who are willing to join one of the reputed Indian colleges for either post, can check NET eligibility criteria here. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to apply online through CBSE NET 2017 application form. The detailed exam notification for CBSE UGC NET 2017 will be released on the official website cbsenet.nic.in latest by 24th July, 2017. Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website for regular updates.
CBSE NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility details for CBSE UGC NET November 2017 examination is given below.
Candidates must have passed Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university in the relevant subject. Marks criteria is 50% for OBC non-creamy layer/ ST/ SC and PWD candidates. Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply. Ph.D. holders who appeared in their Master’s exam o or before 19th September 1991 will be eligible for 5% relaxation in marks.
JRF: Not more than 28 years as on 01st January, 2017. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved categories.
Assistant Professor: No upper age limit
UGC NET 2017 application fee is Rs. 600/- for General category, Rs. 300/- for OBC (Non-creamy layer), and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PwD category candidates. Application fee can be paid online via credit/debit card or through e-challan of associate banks.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Application Form Process
Candidates, who are eligible as per the latest CBSE UGC NET 2017 eligibility criteria given in the notification, can apply online by following the application process below. There is only online method of application available. The CBSE UGC NET online application 2017 process will begin from 1st August. Candidates can apply on or before the last date 30th August, 2017. More details of important dates are mentioned below.
Aadhar Card is mandatory to fill online application. If you have Aadhar Card then enter Aadhar Number, Date of Birth & Gender in online application for UGC NET NOv 2017. If you have not enrolled for Aadhar then visit nearest enrollment center and apply for Aadhar Card.
Step-by-step process for UGC NET 2017 apply online
- Visit the official website cbsenet.nic.in
- Click on “NET-2017 Apply Online” link on the home page.
- Read the terms and continue.
- Enter your personal details, education details, choose your NET exam subject, and upload your photo and signature.
- Pay the application fee online or through e-challan.
- Complete the application process and download a copy of the application form.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Important Dates
The important dates for CBSE UGC NET exam 2017 are mentioned below.
- Notification release date: 04.08.2017
- Starting date for online application: 11.08.2017
- Last date for online application: 11.09.2017
- Last date for application fee submission: 12.09.2017
- CBSE NET 2017 Admit Card release date: First week of November 2017
- CBSE UGC NET 2017 Online Exam Date: 11.2017 (Sunday)
- Answer keys release date: November 2017
- CBSE NET 2017 Result date: Will be updated soon.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern & Syllabus
CBSE conducts a common online examination for all eligible candidates who apply against the notification. CBSE UGC NET online test 2017 will be held on 19th November in 84 subjects. The exam pattern is explained below.
- Exam mode: Online
- The test will include total 185 questions in the following 3 papers
- Paper-I with 60 General Aptitude questions (only 50 questions to be attempted)
- Paper-II with 50 subject questions
- Paper-III with 75 subject questions
- Total time duration: 5 hours (1 ¼ hrs for Paper I & II each and 2 ½ hrs for Paper-III)
- The question paper will include all objective type questions.
- There are total 84 subjects in the NET exam. Candidates can choose their subject at the time of online application.
- NET question will be available in either English or Hindi language, as per your choice in the application form.
- +2 marks for each correct answer and no negative marking for wrong answers.
There is no definite syllabus for the CBSE UGC NET exam. Candidates need to select one of the available 84 subjects and should prepare only for the same. You can refer to a good NET exam preparation books for detailed syllabus and guidance.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
CBSE UGC NET 2017 online test is scheduled on 05th November. The board is likely to release the admit cards at least two weeks before the exam. Candidates will be able to download their CBSE NET 2017 Admit Cards on this page starting from the first week of November 2017.
It is mandatory for all candidates to bring their photo-ID cards and admit cards at the exam center.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Result
NET exam results are usually declared 2-3 months after the exam. Candidates can expect to receive their CBSE NET 2017 online test results by January/February 2018.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Answer keys will be released soon after the exam. NET 2017 result will be published here as soon as announced.