New changes in CLAT introduced last year:
- Change in Age limit under UG course- till the last year there were no barriers of age limit under CLAT for UG courses. But the CLAT committee has now amended certain changes w.r.t. age limit. The committee has now added age criteria of 20 years as on 1 July 2018 for all the Unreserved /NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
- Whereas in case of the other categories like SC/ST/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates, the committee has made the maximum age limit will be 22 years as on 1 July 2018.
Important dates for CLAT 2018
|1.||Issuance of 1st admission notification||2nd week of December 2017|
|2.||Commencement of online application||1st week of January 2018|
|3.||Closing date to submit filled-in online application form||last week of March 2018|
|4.||Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2018|
|5.||Examination date||2nd week of May 2018|
|6.||Release of answer key||2nd week of May 2018|
|7..||Results declaration||3rd week of May 2018|
|8.||Release of merit list||1st week of June 2018|
|9.||Counseling will starts from||1st week of June 2018|
Application form for CLAT 2018:
The entire candidates who wish to appear for CLAT 2018 can apply through an application form which the student will have to fill and submit. The form will be available on the official website right from the beginning of the first week of January 2018. The application forms contain certain eligibility criteria which are to be overlooked carefully. All the candidates need to provide their recent passport sized photograph, their signature, caste certificate, domicile certificate as well.
The application fees for CLAT 2018 is different as per the category student falls in for students falling in UR,OBC, SAP category will have to pay Rs 4000 as their application fees whereas for SC/ST the fees are Rs 3500. The entire students can submit their application fees either through online mode or offline mode. Application fees once paid by the candidates are non-refundable.
How to apply:
Candidates, who desired to take admission into the LLB and LLM programmes have to appear in the test of CLAT 2018. For this, candidates need to submit an application form online through official website of CLAT. To apply online, candidates need to follow online application procedure shown below.
CLAT online Application Processing System (CAPS):
Before submitting the application for the CLAT 2018, aspirants have to register at CAPS. CAPS is a platform for the CLAT examination where candidates can submit online application, check the status of application, download admit card and check results. Process to apply online are given below.
- First of all, candidates need to register at CAPS.
- After that, click on “apply online”.
- Now, Fill all required details and upload photograph and signature.
- Now, pay the application fee.
- After that, submit application form.
For UG Courses
- For all the UG level courses a candidate must have passed their 10+2 with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST)
- All those who are still appearing can also appear in the entrance exam- provided they have to fulfill certain evidence during admissions.
- The committee has not mentioned any upper age limit for candidates in CLAT 2018.
For PG Courses
- All those candidates who desire for PG level course must have qualified LL.B or equivalent earlier with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST). All those who are still appearing can also appear in the entrance exam- provided they have to fulfill certain evidence during admissions
- There is no upper age limit for all the candidates who wish to appear for PG level courses
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
The CLAT 2018 exams will be conducted through online mode. English is set as the medium of the examination whereas the examination pattern would be distinguished for UG and PG level courses.
For UG Courses
- For the UG level courses, the paper is of 200 marks. 1 mark is allotted for a correct answer and there is also a negative marking for 0.25 for each wrong answer marked by the candidate. The overall duration of exam will be 2 hrs. the division of marks has been shown below.
|English including comprehension||40 marks|
|General knowledge & current affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary mathematics (numerical ability)||20 marks|
|Legal aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical reasoning||40 marks|
For PG Courses
- For all the PG level courses there is a total of 150 MCQ questions which has to be answered in 2 hrs. 1 mark is allotted for a correct answer and there is also a negative marking for 0.25 for each wrong answer marked by the candidate. Pattern of marks has been shown below
|Constitutional Law||50 marks|
|Other subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR etc.||50 marks|
CLAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for all the UG level courses will include subjects like comprehensive English, General Knowledge, Mathematics (taught up to 10th class), Legal aptitude and Legal Reasoning. Whereas for the PG level courses the syllabus consists of subjects like Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and various other law subjects like Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Environment Law and Human Rights.
CLAT 2018 Hall Ticket:
The entire candidates who have filled the application form and paid the application fees can then download their respective hall tickets for the official website. Availability of the admit card is expected from the third week of April 2018. Students will be receiving their admit cards either through email or through post. A candidate must have his /her admit card to enter the examination hall for CLAT 2018. The candidates are also required to carry one ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Voter ID/ Passport/Driving license) along with the admit card.
CLAT 2018 Result/Rank
Once the exam is over the result for the CLAT 2018 will be declared in the month of May 2018. All the candidates can see their results through the official website of CLAT through their personal login account.