COMEDK UGET 2018 is expected to be held in the month of May 2018. Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental of Karnataka popularly known as COMEDK it is a gateway for all the students who want to pursue their B.Tech and B.Arch in the state of Karnataka. COMEDK 2018 is a very popular state level entrance examination which is held every year in the month of May. Through COMEDK colleges invite application for admission into UGET courses in the field of Engineering, and Architecture. Following are the in- depth details about the exam.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Important dates:
All the students are required to check once the official website of board to update themselves about the dates; Following are the tentative dates for COMEDK 2018-
|Availability of Application Form will start from||Perhaps in February 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||April 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||Probably in April 2018|
|Examination Date of COMEDK UGET 2018 for Engineering Exam||May 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key||Probably in May 2018|
|Result declaration||Most likely in May 2018|
|Counseling will start from||June 2018|
Eligibility criteria for COMEDK 2018:
For engineering courses i.e. B.Tech/B.E.
- All the candidates must have cleared their senior secondary examination from a recognized school or board with these mandatory subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics & English
- All the candidates are eligible only when they have passed their qualifying examination with a minimum of 45% marks whereas this falls down to 40% for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
- All the candidates holding a diploma in any stream are not eligible.
For Architecture courses
- All the candidates are eligible only when they have passed their senior secondary examination from a recognized board or school with Mathematics as one of the mandatory subjects.
- All the candidates are eligible only when they have passed their qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks whereas this falls down to 45% for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC
- All the candidates are eligible if they hold a diploma of 10+3 from a Central/State Government.
Procedure to Apply for COMEDK 2018:
Following are the steps a candidate needs to follow to apply for COMEDK 2018 through an application form-
- A candidate is first required to visit the official website
- A candidate should then register them on the website
- A candidate is required to fill in proper details to get them registered on the website.
- Once a candidate gets registered they will be receiving their ID and password on their email and the mobile number provided during registration.
- A candidate is then again required to login to the official website through their unique id and password
- One is then required to fill the entrance exam application form carefully by providing all the necessary details.
- A candidate is also required to attach and upload recent passport size photograph along with the signature on the application form.
- After the above steps get completed successfully a candidate is required to pay the application fees
- Then one should click on the submit button and take a print out of the acknowledgment form for further purposes.
Payment of Application Fee
An application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1200 only. All the candidates can pay their application fees through various modes. Application fees for COMEDK UGET 2018 can be paid through debit cards or credit cards or net banking also a candidate can pay their fees through offline mode by generating an e-challan from the nearest axis bank.
Following are the details of examination pattern for COMEDK UGET 2018:
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for each correct response|
|Negative marking||No provision for negative marking|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry , Mathematics|
COMEDK Admit card 2018
All the applicants who have filled their application form and also have paid their fees are eligible to download the admit card once it gets released on the official website of the board. The candidates will be able to download their hall ticket or admit card only from the official website as admit card will not be sent to any candidate through post or fax. It is also to be kept in mind that COMEDK UGET Admit card is mandatory for all the students to appear in the exam. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the exam without their admit cards.
Result for COMEDK 2018:
Results for COMEDK will be made available on the official website of the board conducting exam. The results are expected to be available on the website from the last week of May. All the candidates can check their result only on the official website. The board official will also be preparing a rank card for students according to their performances in the exam.
COMDEK UGET 2018 Merit list
Once the result is released on the website, the board officials will prepare a merit list according to candidate performance. This list will also be posted to the official website where all the students will be able to access it easily. Admission to various colleges in Karnataka will be based on this merit list and the number of seats available in those colleges.
COMDEK UGET 2018 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment for COMEDK 2018 will commence from July 2018. Applicants are also required to know that the board will also conduct a live allotment of seats to check the availability of seats in various colleges. All the candidates interested in medical and dental seat allotments then for them their NEET score will be taken into consideration.
Counseling for COMEDK 2018
All the recognized colleges falling under COMEDK 2018 will host counseling for all the students who have cleared the exam. A centralized counseling will be organized for students who want admission into engineering & architecture courses. The expected date for the counseling procedure to begin is from the month of June 2018. Candidates will be selected based on their merit list