JEE Main 2018: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national level engineering entrance test conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) once a year. It is conducted for admission of students to the engineering and architecture undergraduate courses including B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch in various private and government engineering colleges in India. Main reputed engineering institutes like NITs, CFTIs and others accept admissions to their undergraduate courses on the basis of JEE Main score. Students, who wish to join one of the IITs or ISM for the undergraduate engineering course, have to pass the JEE Main exam to be eligible for JEE Advanced. Continue reading this article to know more about JEE Main 2018 Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Exam Date.
JEE Main exam is conducted to grant admission to the following undergraduate courses.
- Engineering course: B.E./ B.Tech
- Architecture course: B.Arch
JEE Main 2018 Application Form:
All the eligible candidates need to fill JEE Main online application form to appear in the examination. The online application process will be held in December 2017. There is the only online mode to apply for this exam. It is mandatory for all students to have valid Aadhaar numbers to apply for the entrance exam. Students can apply online using the official website of JEE Main once the application process begins. The application fee for JEE Main exam can be online or via e-challan.
CBSE has recently made some changes in the exam pattern. 12th class marks will no longer be considered when calculating JEE Main All India Rank (AIR). Candidates must have secured minimum 75% marks (65% in case of SC/ST) in their higher secondary (10+2) examination to be eligible for IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and IIITs. Aadhaar Card Number is mandatory for all students (except for those from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam states) to apply for JEE Main examination.
The education and age criteria for JEE Main 2018 exam are explained below.
Candidates must have passed the 12th examination with minimum 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Those students, who appeared in the 12th class exam in 2016/2017 or are going to appear in 2018 can also apply for JEE Main 2018 exam. Those, who appeared in the 12th exam in 2015 but passed in 2016, are not eligible.
Diploma holders can apply for JEE Main exam but cannot get admission to an engineering college on the basis of JEE Main score. They need to apply and pass JEE Advanced exam as well.
Candidates born on or after 01.10.1993 are eligible for JEE Main 2018 exam. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
A student will be eligible for maximum 3 attempts to clear the JEE Main Exam.
JEE Main 2018 exam date and other important dates are mentioned below.
|Notification release date||November 2017|
|Online Application Start date||From December 2017 to January 2018|
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment||January 2018|
|Admit Cards availability||March 2018|
|Offline Exam (Pen & Paper based Test) Date||April 2018|
|Online Exam (Computer-based Test) Date||April 2018|
|Result Declaration||Last week of April 2018|
Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
Exam pattern highlights:
- There will be two papers
- Paper-I for B.E./B.Tech courses
- Paper-II for B.Arch courses
- Paper-I will be conducted both offline and online while Paper-II will be only in offline mode. Candidates can select the mode while applying online.
- Paper-I will include questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Paper-II will be based on Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing subjects.
- Paper-I will have total 90 questions of 360 marks. Paper-II will have 82 questions including 2 drawing questions.
- The maximum score for Paper-I is 360 and for Paper-II is 390.
- The time duration is 3 hours, same for both papers.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi languages.
- 4 marks will be given for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
JEE Main 2018 exam syllabus is loosely based on the 11th and 12th class courses of CBSE, ICSE and other boards in India.
How to apply:
Candidates who have passed the 12th examination or appearing in the 12th exam in 2018 can submit JEE Main 2018 Application online through official website. The process of submitting an application is as follows.
- First of all, go to official website of JEE Main 2018 and download Admission Notification -2018.
- After downloading, you need to read carefully.
- Now, Click on “Apply online”. An application format will appear on the screen. Fill all required details and press submit.
- After that, Upload photo and signature in JPEG format.
- Now, Pay application fee through online.
To appear in JEE Main examination, Candidates have to pay application fee either via online or offline. The application Fee for JEE (Main) 2018 is as follows.
JEE Main Admit Card Availability:
The admit card of JEE Main 2018 examination will be uploaded on the official website of JEE Main. Candidates, who have successfully submitted the application can download admit card from 2nd week of March 2018.
The Results of JEE Main Exam 2018 will be hosted at its official website after the evaluation of answer sheet. It will be announced after 2 months from the date of exam.