Joint Entrance Examination Council of UP is popularly called as JEECUP. It is a state level Polytechnic entrance examination which is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education- UPBTE. The examination is conducted by the board each year. JEECUP 2018 will be the gateway for all the candidates who desire to get admission in different polytechnic courses which are offered in different recognized institutes and universities of Uttar Pradesh. Through JEECUP 2018 students will get eligible to apply for admissions in various engineering, technology, pharmacy and other diploma courses offered in various colleges and universities of UP.
|Application Form||Application Fee||Pattern|
Given below is the list of important dates schedule for JEECUP 2018 exams. These are only tentative dates so candidates are requested to keep them self- updated with the official website of the board in case of any changes in the below- mentioned dates.
|Application form release||3rd week of December 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of February 2018|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||4th week of April 2018|
|Result announcement||3rd week of May 2018|
|Counseling starts||May or June 2018|
All the students who desire to appear in JEECUP 2018 can apply through an application form which the student will have to fill and submit. Following are the details regarding application form
- The application form for JEECUP 2018 will be made available by the board for all the candidates through its official website online.
- The entire candidates will have to fill the necessary details such as their name, address, qualifications, etc.
- The applicants are also required to attach and upload duly scanned copy of their signature, recent passport size photograph and thumb impression with the application form.
- Applicants who submit more than one application form will be rejected.
- The application fee for the form is to be paid by the applicant through online mode or through e-challan.
- All the applicants falling under general and OBC category will have to pay Rs. 300 as their application fees.
- Whereas applicants belonging to SC/ST category have to pay application fees of Rs. 200
- All the applicants can pay their application fee through their debit/credit card, net banking or e-challan of SBI bank.
All the aspirants who wish to apply for the admission through JEECUP 2018 must have various eligibility to appear in the exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for the exam-
|Engineering & Technology Diploma||Qualification: Passed or appearing in 10th or equivalent exam.
Percentage: Minimum 35% marks.
|Agriculture Engineering||Qualification: Passed or appearing in 10th with agriculture or 12th with agriculture.
Percentage: Minimum 35% marks.
|Diploma in Pharmacy||Qualification: 10+2 examination passed with science stream.
Percentage: 50% marks for general/OBC and 45% marks for SC/ST.
|Post Graduate Diploma course||Qualification: Graduate or appearing in the final year from any discipline.|
|Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Qualification: Passed or appearing in 12th exam.
Percentage: Minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects.
Apart from the above-mentioned criteria, a candidate must be of minimum age of 14 years whereas the board has not mentioned the upper age limit for the candidate to appear in the exam.
The details of the JEECUP Exam pattern are as follows-
- The exam will be conducted in the offline mode viz, paper and pen based.
- There will be 100 questions in the question paper.
- Candidates will have both languages in the question paper which are Hindi and English.
- Candidates will get three hours to solve the question paper.
- Every question will reward 4 marks and the negative marking will be of 1/4th.
The JEECUP 2018 entrance exam will be covering topics from students class 12th standard as per the course applicant has opted. For those who has opted Engineering & Technology diploma for them questions will be asked from subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Whereas the syllabus for diploma in the pharmacy will include various questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics. Students are advised to prepare well in order to appear in the exam.
The entire applicants who have duly filled in the application for JEECUP 2018 and have paid their respective fees will now be able to download their admit card for JEECUP 2018. Candidates can download their admit card form the official website of the board. Availability of the admit card is expected Two or three weeks before the exam begins. Candidates will then be able to download and print the admit card from the official web portal of the board.
All the candidate are requested to carry their admit card in the exam only then they will be allowed to appear for JEECUP 2018.
Once the exam is over the result for the JEECUP 2018 will be declared in the last week of May 2018. All the candidates can see their results through the official website of JEECUP through their personal login account. It is to be noted that the candidates will not be getting any kind of rank or score card, they will only be notified about qualifying the entrance exam. Candidates are requested to take a print out of the same result for future admission process.
For all the candidates who have qualified the JEECUP 2018 will now have to undergo some counseling process in order to get admission into various colleges and university. Counseling is held in the month of May or June where candidates go through an online process of selecting their preferable college they want to get admission in. Candidates will be allotted seat in the college as per their performance in the entrance exam. Candidates are requested to bring all their respective documents in original form.