Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research popularly known as JIPMER is a National level entrance examination which is held every year so as to invite applications for the admission in various MBBS courses. The exam is conducted by JIPMER Pondicherry and Karaikal for filling up 200 seats of MBBS program. This entrance exam acts as a gateway for all the candidates who are seeking admission for medical courses in different institutes. The JIPMER exams 2018 are expected to be held in the month of June 2018.
|Application Form||Application Fee||Pattern|
|Admit Card||Answer Key||Results|
If you are planning to sit in the Entrance Examination which is going to be conducted by the JIPMER then you must know the important dates. Following are the list of important dates for JIPMER 2018:
|Availability of online application form||March 2018|
|Closing date for submission of online application form||May 2018|
|Release of admit card||May 2018|
|JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam date||June 2018|
|Result will be announced on||June 2018|
|Counseling commence from||Fourth week of June 2018|
The entire applicants are required to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for the examination. Only the eligible candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions must apply for the exam. The applicants must download the official brochure containing detailed information about the eligibility from the official website. Following are some of the important points-
- An applicant must of Indian origin
- All the applicants must have completed their 10+2 examination or equivalent exam from the recognized board or university in India
- The entire applicant must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination. Whereas for reserved category of candidates this percentage falls down to 40%.
- A candidate must clear the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects.
- The entire applicants must be above 17 years as on 31st December, 2018.
All the candidates who are eligible for JIPMER exam 2018 can apply through the application form which is easily available on the official website of the board. Candidates can go through the following steps to know more:
- An applicant must read the application brochure available at the website
- An applicant can apply for the exam only through online mode
- One must fill the details accurately in the application form without counselling any kind of information.
- All the applicants are required to attach and upload scanned copy of photograph, signature with the application form for JIPMER 2018
- After the above steps, one also have to pay the required application fees depending upon the category one falls in.
- The last step to apply for JIPMER 2018 involves printing out the final submits the form which is displayed one pays the fees.
The process of application is completed only when the candidates pay the application fee for the exam. The application fees for the general category have been fixed at Rs. 1000 whereas the fees for the reserved category of candidates are Rs. 800 only. An applicant can pay the aforesaid fees through their debit cards or via net banking. It is to be noted that fees once paid will not be refunded back.
Exam pattern is one of the most important details which must be known to all the applicants appearing for the exam. The exam pattern for JIPMER 2018 is as follows-
- JIPMER 2018 will be a computer based online exam
- The will be in two languages English and Hindi
- The total number of question asked in the exam will be 200
- All these questions asked in the entrance exam will be objective types having multiple choices with four alternatives.
- JIPMER 2018 will not consist of any negative markings
- All the questions asked in the exam will be covered from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Comprehension, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
Applicants appearing in the exam must be aware of the syllabus for JIPMER 2018. The syllabus for the exam will be based on the qualifying exam of the candidate. The questions asked in the examination will be mainly from 12th standard subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. All the candidates who desire to clear this exam must have good command over these subjects so as to clear the exam.
The admit Card of JIPMER 2018 examination will release 2 weeks before the exam. The examination authority of the entrance test will issue the admit card to all those who have successfully submitted application along with application fee. Examination admission certificate will not be sent by post or email. Candidates have to download it from the official website by submitting application registration details.
Once the exam gets completed then the answer will also be published for all the students. The answer key will be published by the board who conducts the exam i.e. Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry.
It is expected that the results for JIPMER 2018 will be announced by the board by the month of June 2018. Results will be available for all the students through online mode only candidates will not be sent any results by post or by fax. All the candidates who appeared in the exam can check their results from the official website of the board. The board will also prepare and update a merit list of various candidates as per their performance in JIPMER 2018.
All those candidates whose got selected on the basis of their performance/merit will be invited by the board for counseling. The counseling for JIPMER MBBS 2018 is expected to be held until the month of June 2018. All the candidates who qualify the cutoff score can attend the counseling held in June. All the qualified candidates are also requested to bring their original copy of various documents on the date of counseling as are mentioned in the information booklets issued by the board. The candidates will be allotted seats in counseling based on their merit list which is based on their performance in the examination.
For more details about the entrance exam please visit official portal of JIPMER or leave comment by using below comment box.