Jawaharlal Nehru University popularly known as JNU is one of the leading institutes of the country. The institute invites application each year for admission into various UG, PG and doctoral courses. The entrance exam is conducted each year by the Institute in form of written examination whereby a large number of candidates appear with the motto to be a part this premier institute. This entrance exam is held each year in the third week of May 2018.
Important Dates for JNU admission 2018:
Given below is the list of important exam dates regarding admission into JNU 2018
|Availability of Application form||21st March 2018|
|Last date for online Registration||5th April 2018 (till 5:00 PM)|
|Application correction||6th – 7th April 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||21st April 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||16th, 17th, 18th & 19th May 2018|
|CEEB result declare||10th June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||23rd June 2018(Tentative)|
|Viva-Voce of selected candidates||10th July 2018(Tentative)|
|Publication of Merit List (without viva-voice)||7th July 2018 (Tentative)|
|Publication of Merit List (with viva-voice)||14th July 2018 (Tentative)|
JNUEE Application Form 2018:
Following are the important details regarding application form for admission 2018
- All the candidates can apply for admission into JNUEE 2018 through application form which available online as well as offline.
- Candidates can get the form offline through the post, such forms are also to be submitted back through registered post to the section officer in charged for admissions.
- All the Applicants are required to carefully fill details in the application form.
- All the applicants are required to attach and upload their recent passport size photograph along with their signature.
- Candidates are required to pay for the application form through different modes
- Once all the steps are over one is allowed to take a print out of the final form
Application fees for JNUEE 2018 can be filled through online mode which includes payment through debit cards, credit cards or via net banking. Following is the details of application fees for different courses as per the category candidate falls in;
|No. of Choices||B.A. (Hons.) 1st & 2nd year and all Part Time programmes||M.Phil./M.Tech./MPH/ Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.A., M.Sc., M.C.A.||Foreign Nationals|
|General Category including OBC||SC/ST/PWD/BPL||General Category including OBC||SC/ST/PWD/BPL|
|For 1 Choice||Rs.400||Rs.265 (Rs. 65 for BPL)||Rs.530||Rs.310 (Rs. 110 for BPL)||US$ 35 or Rs.2420|
|For 2 Choices||Rs.575||Rs.325 (Rs. 125 for BPL)||Rs.800||Rs.415 (Rs. 215 for BPL)||US$ 75 or Rs.5190|
|For 3 Choices||Rs.750||Rs.380 (Rs. 180 for BPL)||Rs.1000||Rs.500 (Rs. 300 for BPL)||US$ 100 or Rs.6920|
JNUEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the various eligibility criteria for students-
- All the applicant who wish to apply for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme must have cleared their master degree with a minimum of 55% marks in respective language/subjects.
- All the applicant who wish to apply for MA courses must have cleared their bachelor degree with a minimum of 55% marks under 10+2+3 pattern.
- The minimum eligibility for a candidate to apply for B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year is that they must possess a bachelor degree or must have cleared an equivalent exam.
- Whereas the minimum eligibility for a candidate for B.A.(Hons.) 1st Year is that they must have cleared their senior school certificate 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized institute.
Following are the details of reservation allotted to different category of students-
|OBC candidates (Non-creamy Layer)||27%|
JNU Entrance Exam Pattern 2018:
The entrance exam for JNU 2018 will be comprising of various number of questions asked from different subjects here is the details of pattern of the paper;
- Exam Mode: the entrance exam will be conducted in online mode
- Number of Questions: the number of questions depends on the course a candidate has applied for. There will be the different number of questions asked in the entrance from various subjects.
- Subjects: also the subject will vary depending upon the course an applicant has opted. As the subject varies in exam from one course to another.
- Negative Marking: a candidate must be aware of the fact that the paper consists of negative marking also for each wrong answer opted by the candidate.
- Exam Duration: the total durations allotted to all the candidate has been fixed for 3 hours.
JNU Entrance Syllabus:
The syllabus for the entrance exam will vary from one course to another depending upon the choice of an applicant. The detailed syllabus for the entrance exam is notified by the Institute over its official website.
JNU Admit Card 2018:
All the candidates can easily download their respective admit card from the official website of the institute. The admit cards will be available on the site from the month of April. It is to be kept in minds that JNU admit card is mandated for all the applicants to appear in the exam.
JNUEE Result 2018:
It is expected that the results for JNUEE 2018 will be announced by the board by the month of June 2018. Results will be available for all the students through online mode only candidates will not be sent any results by post or by fax. All the candidates who appeared in the exam can check their results from the official website of the board. The board will also prepare and update a merit list of various candidates as per their performance in JNUEE 2018.