Karnataka Common entrance examination which is popularly known as KCET is one of the well-known state level entrance exams that are being conducted in the state of Karnataka. This entrance exam was earlier popular with the name of Kar CET. This entrance exam is organized each and every year by Karnataka Examination Authority so as to invite admissions various courses under Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy program. This year the KCET 2018 is expected to be held in May all the candidates seeking admission in various colleges in Karnataka may apply for the entrance exam. Following are the in- depth details regarding its eligibility conditions, application forms, important dates etc.
Admission to various courses under KCET 2018:
Following are details regarding various courses available that the student can apply after qualifying KCET 2018-
KCET 2018: Important Dates:
Following are the important dates ( tentative ) regarding KCET 2018 exam;
|Notification Released||2nd week of Jan 2018|
|Online Application commence from||2nd week of Jan 2018|
|Last Date for Application||1st week of Mar 2018|
|Last Date for fees payment||Last week of Feb 2018|
|Admit Card release||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of May 2018|
|Counseling start from||2nd week of Jun 2018|
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
There are different eligibility conditions under KCET 2018 which are divided into different streams candidates must satisfy all these conditions to be eligible for the exam.
For Engineering/Architecture Courses:
- All the candidates will be eligible only when they have qualified their 10+2 exam / 2nd PUC from a recognized board
- All the candidates must clear their qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and English as optional.
- All the Students belonging to general category must secure a minimum of 45% marks whereas for the reserved category this falls down to 40% marks in above-mentioned subjects.
- All the students who are still appearing in the exam can also apply for KCET 2018
- All the students who wish to apply for Architecture must hold a NATA score card only then they will be eligible.
For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Students will be eligible for Pharmacy and Science courses only when they have cleared their 2nd PUC and have passed their 10+2 exams with PCB as main subjects from a recognized board.
- All the Students belonging to general category must secure a minimum of 50% marks whereas for reserved category this falls down to 45% marks in above-mentioned subjects
- All those students who are still appearing are also eligible to apply.
KCET Application Form 2018:
Following are the detail regarding application form for KCET 2018 exams-
- All the students who wish to apply for the exam can do so only from the official website of KCET
- The application form is available to the student only through online mode there is no offline mode to apply for the exam.
- All the aspirants can apply for the exam by filling the application form which will be made available on the official website till the 1st week of March 2018.
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official website after which they will be able to fill the application form
- Candidates need to provide all the necessary details required in the application form
- Along with this candidates are also required to upload their recent photo & signature
- After the above steps candidates are required to pay the application fees.
- Once the above steps are done successfully candidates can print their application form for further purposes.
- All the candidates have the option to pay their application fees through different modes via debit cards, credit cards or net banking. Candidates can even pay through offline mode.
- For all the candidates belonging to General/OBC category, the application fee is Rs. 650 whereas for candidates belonging to the reserved category is Rs. 500 only.
Exam Pattern for KCET 2018:
Following are the details regarding exam pattern for KCET 2018.
- The entrance will be organized by the board at offline platform through pen and paper.
- The paper will comprise a total of 60 questions from each section which will be objective type questions.
- Students will be allotted a total of 320 minutes to complete the exam.
- Students should also keep in mind that there will be no negative markings in the exam and one mark will be allotted for each correct answer. Following are the division of questions as per different sections
|Subjects||No. of Question||Time Allotted (in Minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
KCET 2018 Admit card:
All the students can download their admit card once it gets released on the website. Students should keep in minds that admit card can be downloaded only from the official website as it will not be sent to any candidate through post or email. All the candidates are also required to carry their admit card on the exam date as without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
Result for KCET 2018:
Once the exam completes successfully the board conducting exam i.e. KEA will release the results on the website. The results are expected to be released by the month of May 2018. Applicants can view their results from the website easily by entering their unique registration number and DOB. Only that applicant who clears the exam will be eligible for counseling held further.
Counseling for KCET 2018
After the results get declared KEA will start the counseling for those candidates who have cleared the entrance exam. Counseling is expected to start from the month of June 2018. Candidates will be allotted seats in various colleges and courses as per their merit in the exam.