Courses Offered Under CBSE NEET 2018
NEET examination grants access to the following UG courses.
- Medical Undergraduate course (MBBS)
- Dental Undergraduate course (BDS)
CBSE NEET 2018 Application Form
CBSE conducts an online application process to accept registrations from eligible candidates who wish to join one of the medical colleges in India for MBBS & BDS UG courses. NEET 2018 application forms will be submitted from December 2017 to January/February 2018. The applications will only be accepted via online mode. Candidates can submit their NEET 2018 applications by visiting the official website.
There is a fee for NEET 2018 online application submission. The application fee can be paid online or offline. Candidates need to fill in the application form completely including the personal details, qualification, scanned images of signature and photograph, etc. Candidates are advised to download or take a print of the completed online application form.
CBSE NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria have been decided for the students who wish to apply for the NEET 2018 examination.
Candidates who have passed or appearing in 10+2 or equivalent exam in Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects with 50% marks and above from a recognized board, can apply for NEET 2018. The marks relaxation is 5% for general-PH category and 10% for SC/ST/OBC category applicants.
Age of the applicant must be between 17 and 25 years as on 31.12.2017. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC & ST category students.
All CBSE NEET 2018 applicants must be Indian nationals with valid Aadhaar Numbers to prove their nationality.
The fee for NEET 2018 online application is Rs. 1400/- for General & OBC category candidates and Rs. 750/- for other reserved categories. The application fee can be paid online via a debit or credit card or offline through the e-challan of affiliated banks in India.
The important dates for NEET 2018 examination are given below.
- Online Application Starting date: December 2017 or January 2018
- Last date of Online Application: January 2018 (estimate)
- Last Date for Application Fee submission: January 2018
- NEET 2018 Admit Cards availability: From April 2018
- Online Exam Date: May 2018
- Result date: June 2018
CBSE NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
NEET 2018 entrance examination will be conducted online. The online exam pattern is explained in the following points.
- Exam will be conducted online (computer mode).
- The paper will consist of 180 objective type questions.
- Each question will have four options with one or more correct answers.
- NEET 2018 exam paper questions will be asked from the following three subjects.
- Physics – 45 questions – 180 marks total
- Chemistry – 45 questions – 180 marks total
- Zoology – 45 questions – 180 marks total
- Botany – 45 questions – 180 marks total
- The total exam duration is 3 hours.
- NEET 2018 test paper will be released in 8 languages including Hindi, English, Marathi, Telegu, Gujarati, Tamil, Bengali and Assamese. Candidate can choose the paper language when filling the online application form.
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with +4 marks while each wrong answer will result in the deduction of 1 mark.
NEET 2018 Online Exam Syllabus
NEET 2018 online examination syllabus will be loosely based on the CBSE and NCERT senior (class XI & class XII) syllabus. The NEET syllabus is officially prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). NEET exam syllabus will cover questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology subjects. Download the pdf below for complete subject-wise syllabus.
How to Apply for CBSE NEET 2018:
Candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria can submit online application at cbseneet.nic.in on or before last date of online application. The process of submitting an online application are given below.
- First of all, visit the official website of CBSE NEET i.e cbseneet.nic.in.
- After landing on the homepage, you will see “Apply on-line” link.
- Click on “Apply On-line” link and read instruction for online submission of application form carefully.
- At the end of the page, Follow link to apply online. Now, Fill all required details and submit.
- After submitting step-1 application form, note down the registration number.
- Now, Upload images of photograph and signature in JPEG format in step 2.
- Now, Make payment of application fee as per available option.
- Take print out of Confirmation page(s) at Step-4 of online application form and preserve it for future
reference along with the copy of proof of fee deposited.
CBSE NEET Admit Card 2018 (Details):
The admit card of CBSE NEET 2018 will be uploaded on the official website along with a format for affixing of postcard size photograph. Candidates, who successfully submitted application can download their admit card to appear in the test. It will available before 2 weeks from the date of test.
NEET Result 2018 (Details):
The Central Board of Secondary Education will declare NEET 2018 result in the month of June 2018. The result will be hosted on www.cbseneet.nic.in.