UPSEE 2018 is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh. The exam is conducted for accepting admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges affiliated to AKUT (UPTU). It is also sometimes called AKTY or UPTU exam because of the university name. AKTU is the revised name of the UP Technical University (UPTU). Candidates are given admissions to the UG & PG courses in the affiliated courses based on the exam score and merit list. Read more here about the exam, eligibility, exam dates, pattern & syllabus, and more.
|Application Form||Application Fee||Pattern|
AKTU grants admissions to the following courses through UPSEE exam.
- Undergraduate courses (1st year): B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, B.Tech (LE), B.Pharm (LE)
- Lateral entry to 2nd year
- PG Courses: MBA, MCA, MAM, MCA (LE)
UPSEE exam is conducted once every year. The official notification for UPSEE 2018 examination will be released in January 2018 and the online application process will begin in the same month. Candidates, who are interested in applying for this exam, can download notification from this page. This notification is released by AKTU and contains all the required information about UPSEE exam including courses details, eligibility criteria, important dates, application process, exam centers and other details. Candidates are advised to read the UPSEE notification carefully before applying online.
The mandatory eligibility details for UPSEE 2018 exam are mentioned below.
- Intermediate/ 10+2 or equivalent with branch relevant subjects from a recognized board with minimum 45% marks for B.Tech/ Bio-Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.Arch/ BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MAM courses.
- Minimum 3-years Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university for MBA/MCA courses.
- Diploma in engineering or pharmacy with minimum 45% marks for lateral entry courses.
The Application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC category male candidates and Rs. 500/- for female/ SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates. The application fee is to be paid online only.
UPSEE 2018 Application Form:
The applications for UPSEE exam will only be accepted online. Candidates will be able to apply online through the official website by following the steps below. The online application process for UPSEE 2018 exam is likely to be conducted from January 2018 to March 2018. The exact dates will be updated once the official notification is released.
- Visit the website upsee.nic.in
- Click on the link for “UPSEE-2018 Apply Online”
- Read the instructions and continue.
- Fill in your details, upload your photo & signature, pay application fee online and submit the application.
- Take a printout or download a copy of the filled-in application form for future use.
The tentative exam schedule for UPSEE 2018 is as below.
|Date of notification||January 2018|
|Starting date for online application:||January 2018|
|Last date for online application:||March 2018|
|Last date for application fee payment||March 2018|
|Last date for correction in submitted application||March 2018|
|UPSEE 2018 Admit Card release date||April 2018|
|UPSEE 2018 Exam Date:||April 2018|
|UPSEE 2018 Result date:||May 2018|
Examination format is a very important factor of any examination, it should be understood by us so that we know how many questions to be asked and how many numbers will be. The detailed exam pattern and process for UPSEE is mentioned below.
- No. of Papers: Total 11 papers for different courses.
- Exam mode: OMR based (written) for Paper-1 to 4 and Online (computer based) for all other papers of questions:
- Paper-1, 2, 3: 150 questions each
- Paper-4: 100 questions (50 questions each of Aesthetic sensitivity & Mathematics) & 2 Drawing questions
- Paper-5, 6, 7, 8: 75 questions each
- Paper-9, 10, 11: 100 questions each
- All paper questions (except Paper-4 drawing questions) will be objective type.
- Total duration of exam is 3 hours.
- +4 marks for each correct answer and no negative marking.
Brothers, if you are going to join the entrance exam, then you must know the examinations syllabus. This will help you to know which subject we pay more attention to and who is weak.From this, it shows what questions of number of questions will be asked from which subject.That is why the Examination Authority releases the syllabus along with the brochures. So let’s see, Syllabus:
Paper-1: 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Paper-2: 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Paper-3: 50 questions each from AG-I, AG-II, AG-III
Paper-4: 50 questions each from Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 questions of Drawing Aptitude
Paper-5: 75 questions of Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)
Paper-6: 75 questions of Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)
Paper-7: 75 questions of Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (LE)
Paper-8: 75 questions of Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (LE)
Paper-9: 100 questions of Aptitude Test for MBA
Paper-10: 100 questions of Aptitude Test for MCA
Paper-11: 100 questions of Aptitude Test for 2nd year MCA (LE)
UPSEE 2018 admit cards will be released two weeks before the exam. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from this page or the official website. UPSEE admit card is mandatory for all candidates who wish to appear in the examination. The admit card will include the information of candidates, exam time and exam center.
UPSEE 2018 exam result will be announced by AKTU in May 2018. The counseling process will begin soon after the declaration of results. The university will release a merit list of the candidates who clear the test. You can also check cut off score here. Only selected candidates will be allowed to participate in the counseling process for admission to various UG and PG programs in the affiliated colleges. Stay tuned to check your results here.