ePASS Scholarship 2017 – 2018: Andhra Pradesh government has started a new scheme with the main motto to provide education to those students who cannot afford quality education due to various financial issues. Under the scholarship provided by the AP government, these candidates will get their fees reimbursed. With the help of such academic scholarship plans, all the students falling within the state will now be able to pursue their academic goal easily.
What is ePASS?
Eligibility criteria for AP ePass Scholarship:
Following are the criteria which determine candidate eligibility for AP ePass Scholarship-
- All the candidates falling under the category of SC, ST with annual income of family less than or equal to 2 lakhs per annum are eligible for the scholarship.
- All the students falling under BC, EBC and disabled category with annual income of the family less than or equal to 1 lakh are eligible for the scholarship.
- All the candidates who get the scholarship must have a minimum attendance in the institute or college, university of 75%. At the end of each quarter.
All the candidates who desire to avail the scholarship offered by Andhra Pradesh government must provide the following documents; it is to be noted that absence of the following documents leads to rejection of applicant’s form-
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate.
- Proof of the last exam passed
- Fee Details of the institution
- An Affidavit from Parents
- Institute’s Affiliation related Certificate
List of students who are not included in the reimbursement benefits
- All the students who fall under the category other than SC, ST, BC, EBC and DW(Disabled)
- All those SC, ST students whose family yearly income exceeds more than Rs. Two Lakhs per annum.
- All those BC, EBC, Disabled Students whose family income exceeds more than Rupees one lakh per annum.
- All the candidates who were getting the stipend more than the scholarship amount in aggregate per annum are not eligible.
- All the EBC candidates who are pursuing Intermediate or Equivalent courses.
- All the BC, EBC and DW students who are going through several Courses offered by open universities, distant mode, category B seats in MBBS, BDS.
- Students entered through Sponsored seats or Management Quota seats are not eligible
- All other students who are studying several part time courses, online courses where attendance is not must, can not avail the reimbursement of tuition fees from the government.
Courses Eligible for Reimbursement:
Reimbursement of tuition fees is not eligible for all kind of courses a student pursues. The government has specified certain courses for which reimbursement of fees is available. The government has given eligibility only to Specified Post Matric Courses approved by the University/Board having the duration of 1 year and above can get the ePASS AP Scholarship. An applicant can check various courses which are eligible through the official website. It is divided into three groups as mentioned below-
Professional Courses (Degree and PG Courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Management, Veterinary, Agriculture and Allied Sciences, and Computer Applications/ Science, Commercial Pilot License course, Business Finance, Business Administration)
AP ePASS Scholarship Eligibility is given for Technical Graduate and Post Graduate courses like M.Phil, Ph.D., and post-doctoral research. C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./ etc., courses, all post-graduate, graduate level diploma courses, all certificate level courses.
- Degree courses that are not included Group I & II.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology courses.
- ITI, ITCs
- Intermediate level Vocational courses.
Courses eligible for scholarship:
In order to avail scholarship an applicant must enroll themselves into an eligible course. Following is the list of courses which are excluded from the eligibility criteria-
- Private Pilot License Courses.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses.
- Courses at Pre-examination Training Centers of All India and State levels.
List of Colleges Eligible for AP ePass fee reimbursement:
An applicant must enroll themselves into a college which has AP ePASS Scholarship Eligibility to get the reimbursement of tuition fees, thus it is important for all the candidates to enroll themselves into an eligible college following are the colleges which are eligible-
- All those Post Matric Colleges established in Andhra Pradesh that are recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- The detailed list of various eligible colleges are communicated by the administrative department like Department of Higher Education, Technical Education, School Education, Health, Medical and Family Welfare, Employment, and Training to the Commissioner of Social Welfare.
Procedure to check epass status:
Following are the detailed steps that an applicant can follow to check the epass status for the AP ePASS Scholarship. Checking epass application status or scholarship status is very easy.
- An applicant must first visit the official website of the AP ePass so as to check their application status.
- Then one must login into their account using their unique detail like DOB, or registration number.
- An applicant then has to click on the status option to check their application status.
- One then has to select post or pre-matric option as per their eligibility
- An applicant then has to enter their important details like application number and the seat number among others.
- After the above steps, you have to choose which academic year you are currently enrolled in.
- Furthermore, you will need to add more personal details such as year of passing SSC and your mode of exam.
- After filling all the details, carefully check whether the details are correct. Once you verify them, press the ‘Submit’ button below.
For further details about AP ePass Scholarship 2018, Epass status and application date etc please visit the official website i.e epass.cgg.gov.in.