INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form 2018: In the present days, there are a lot of scholarship programs, which are run by different organizations. Talking about scholarship for those students who are pursuing Science stream as their career option then one of the most popular scholarship programs that comes to mind is of INSPIRE which means for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research. There are a number of scholarship programs run under INSPIRE amongst them the most popular and effective is Scholarship for Higher Education popularly known as SHE. This program is backboned by the Department of Science and Technology known as DST under the administration and guidance of Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Following are more details about the scholarship.
Details about INSPIRE scholarship and subjects eligible
The scholarship is started with the main motto to motivate and encourage a large number of students so as they pursue further study in Science and Technology and even take it further as a research career. An amount equal to Rs. 80000 is given annually to different students under SHE scholarship program so as they start pursuing their preferred Bachelors and Masters level courses in the field of Basic and Natural Sciences. Following are the subjects eligible under SHE scholarship program- (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology, (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Biochemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences. The application forms for the scholarship can be availed by the students from the official website of INSPIRE i.e. www.inspire-dst.gov.in students need to visit the site regularly for further updates. The application form will be released by the board by the month of November 2017. Students can submit this form by the month of January 2018.
Eligibility for INSPIRE Scholarship 2018:
Following are the eligibility conditions regarding scholarship.
- All the aspirants must have cleared their 10+2 exams from science stream from a recognized institute or college.
- All the aspirants will be eligible only when they enrolled themselves into BSc, BS, Int. MSc/Int.MS courses.
- An aspirant must have secures marks that must be within top 1% in their state/ board for class 12th exams.
- Applicants who have got different top ranks in JEE or IIT or AIPMT within the limit of 10000 are also eligible for the scholarship.
- All these students mentioned above must be currently pursuing Natural and Basic Science courses only then they will be eligible
- All those applicants who are undergoing various Integrated M.S. programs under Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Science, or at NISER, IISERs or at NTSE are also eligible for the scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship Amount Details
Following are the details regarding the amount that is distributed to students as a part of scholarship program-
- Under the scholarship program, all the selected students will be given an amount equal to Rs. 80000 pa. this will be given to a candidate for a time frame of 5 years which is explained below-
- All the selected students will be given scholarship amount annually i.e. Rs 60000 in cash and all these candidates will be mandated to undergo summer research projects under the guidance of any active researcher at any place which is a recognized for research in India, for this the candidates will be awarded an amount equal to Rs. 20000 annually as Mentorship fees.
Procedure to Apply for INSPIRE Scholarship 2018:
Following are the details regarding INSPIRE scholarship programs all the students need to see the steps carefully in order to apply –
- All the students are first required to visit the official website of INSPIRE i.e. inspire-dst.gov.in
- After visiting the website candidates are required to register themselves on the website.
- All the students should keep in mind that they can apply for the scholarship through online medium only as form are not available offline.
- Once registered on the official website candidates will be allotted a unique registration ID and Password
- Students need to log in again to the site and now they can fill in the application form by providing mandatory details
- Students are also required to attach scan copy of various documents along with the application form these include- .
- Passport size photo
2.Community/Caste Certificate if candidate falls under OBC/SC/ST
3.Eligibility Note/Advisory Note if provided by the State/Central Board
4. Mark sheet for class 12, class 10 certificate along with mark sheet
5.Class X Mark sheet or Certificate (for proof of Date of Birth)
6.Certificate specifying Rank or Award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE/ International Olympic Medalists
- Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University
8.Any other supporting documents
- After the above steps a candidate needs to click on the submit button and finally, they have to print the application form and send it to the board administering scholarship program.