Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is popularly known as KVPY. It is one of the scholarship programs that are conducted and administered by The Indian Institute of Science known as IISc. The scholarship is provided at the national level to a large number of students across India. The KVPY scholarship is funded at a very vast level to financial assistance to students this is done by the Department of Science and Technology backbone by the Government of India. The main motive behind the scholarship program run by the government is to encourage and motivate meritorious students to pursue science and research programs. Following are more details about the scholarship regarding its exam dates, eligibility, and application form, Admit card, Results etc.
KVPY Important Dates 2017-2018:
Following are the important dates all the aspirants need to look regarding KVPY 2017-18
|Application form release dates||9th July 2017|
|Last date for application form availability||23rd August 2017|
|Last date to submit form||Last week of August 2017|
|Admit Card Released date||First week of October 2017|
|Date of Exam||29th October 2017|
|Announcement of results||First week of December 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2017-2018
- The only Indian citizen can apply for the scholarship program.
- All the candidates for SA stream must have cleared their 10th exam with science and mathematics as main subjects. They must have cleared their qualifying examination with a minimum of 80% marks. This falls down to 70% for reserved category
- All the candidates for SX stream must have cleared their 10th exam with science and mathematics as main subjects. They must have cleared their qualifying examination with the minimum of 80% marks. This falls down to 70% for reserved category. In addition to this students also have to clear their 10+2 exam with science scoring a minimum of 60% marks (50% for reserved)
- Whereas for SB stream students need to clear 10+2 exams with 60% marks (50% for reserved)
KVPY Application Form 2017-2018
All the students who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply through KVPY application form 2017 which will be available on the official website of the board. The expected date for the availability of application form is by the first week of July 2017. All the interested student need to register themselves on the official website only then they will be able to fill in the KVPY application form. Once registered they will have to provide in necessary details in the application form and pay the required fees and attach other mandatory documents asked.
- All the candidates belonging to the general category are required to pay application fees i.e. Rs 1055 whereas this fee falls down to Rs. 528 for reserved category candidates.
- Students can pay their fees through their debit card/credit cards/ net banking or challan.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2017-18
- The exam will be conducted in both online as well as offline mode on 29th October 2017
- Students will be given a maximum duration of 3 hours to complete their paper
- The paper will be asked in two mediums i.e. English and Hindi
- The paper will consist of objective types questions which will be divided into two different parts i.e. part-1 and part-2
- The total number of marks for the paper will be 100.
Following is the detailed exam pattern if KVPY 2017 – 2018.
|Sl. No||Subject||Part I||Part II|
|1||Mathematics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|2||Physics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|3||Chemistry||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|4||Biology||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
KVPY Admit Card 2017 – 2018
All the students can easily download their KVPY admit card from the official website of the board. The expected dates of release of admit card is by the month of October 2017. All the students should keep in minds that admit card is a mandatory document in order to appear in the exam. It will not be sent by post. Students will have to visit the official website to download the admit card.
KVPY Result 2017:
Once the exam is completed the board conducting the exam will release the results. Students can view and download their results from the official website of KVPY. Only those candidates who clear the result will be eligible for the further process.
KVPY Selection Procedure 2017-18
Soon after the results get declared the Board will commence the selection procedure. All those candidates who have cleared the results will be examined under the interview section. Successful candidate will be selected for the scholarship.