Scholarships.gov.in: The Government of India launched National Scholarship Portal which was one of the main parts of Digital India campaign. The portal was launched to accommodate the student in the country whereby they can easily check all the information related to their scholarship. National Scholarships Portal acted as one stop destination for a large number of students who wished to know various details about scholarship that the government launches for all students. It provides student various services ranging from scholarship application, application receipt, payment status etc. National Scholarships Portal is currently working as a part of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The scholarship portal currently is offering 21 different schemes for the benefits of students across India.
National Scholarship Portal:
At this portal, students can find all the scholarships at one place which is launched by different government departments thus acting as one- stop portal. Students can find here scholarships offered by central as well as various state governments for their benefits. The mission of this scheme was to provide the student with a common electoral portal for implementing different scholarship schemes that are offered by the union, state as well as central government.
Under this portal there is only one scholarship form for the student for all types of scholarships offered under National Scholarship Portal because of this platform students will not be facing problems anymore to inquire about various scholarships or go through the hectic filling of multiple scholarship forms. Here is the list of various scholarship offered under national scholarship portal.
- Post matric scholarship scheme
- Pre-matric scholarship scheme
- Merit-cum-means scholarship scheme
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University students
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Incentive to girls for secondary education
- Central sector scholarship scheme of top-class education for SC students
- Pre-matric scholarship for students with disabilities
- Post-matric scholarship for the students with disabilities
- Pre-matric Scholarship for ST students
How to check Scholarships Status for Payment:
National Scholarship Portal supports public financial management system which is an online transaction system which is built to support all kind of fund management that the government makes. It manages all e-payments and transfer transactions made by the government it establishes an effective and efficient flow of fund and various governmental expenditures.
PFMS disburses reliable information to its users across the country it acts as very useful system which establishes a very effective decision support factor. It provides a user with onscreen details for different modules. It helps government is transferring money directly to beneficiary bank accounts. This can be easily checked by the receiver any time later. All the students across India who has been given scholarship check their payment status through this system only over the National Scholarship Portal. It involve few simple steps to check payment status, which are given below-
- The candidate need to first visit the official website i.e. scholarships.gov.in
- On the official website, one needs to click on payment column on the left-hand side of the screen
- After the above steps, a page will appear where the candidate need to enter their details using their Aadhar Card number and verification code
- Once the above details are verified candidates will be able to check their payment status
By Aadhaar number:
A candidate can check their scholarship payment status and other details by using their Aadhar card number. Candidates are also required to fill the verification code that appears on the screen one need to then click on submit button to know their Payment status.
By Account number:
One can also check their payment status through their account number under this the candidate need to enter their bank name along with their account number to display their status.