NTSE 2017 – 2018: The National Talent Search Examination is popularly known as NTSE. It is one of the most desirable scholarship programs that are organized and administered by National Council of Educational Research and Training known as NCERT. This scholarship program is awarded to a large number of students at national level across India. The exam is conducted by NCERT each and every year in two stages, so as to award the scholarship to deserving and meritorious students. Students will be given scholarship only when they qualify both the levels successfully. Following are more details about the exam regarding its date, eligibility, application form, etc.
NTSE 2017-2018 Important Dates:
|1.||Application form availability||Student need to visit the official website (un declared)|
|2.||Application deadline||Notified by the respective state (varies from state to state)|
|3.||NTSE Stage 1 2018 admit card||October, 2017|
|4.||NTSE Stage 1 2018 exam date||November, 2017|
|5.||Date of NTSE Stage 2 2018 exam||May, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for NTSE 2017-2018
Following are the details regarding the eligibility criteria for the exam;
- All the applicants who are willing to appear in stage 1 must have cleared their 10th exam from a recognized school or board approved by the government.
- All the applicants who are undergoing distance learning are eligible only when they are falling in the age group below 18.
- All the students who are still appearing in their class 10 exam are also eligible, the condition is, they must not be employed somewhere else.
NTSE 2018 Application Form
All the students who satisfy the eligibility criteria are the ones who can apply for an application form which will be made available on the official website of the board. Students need to visit the official website of NTSE in order to know the exact date of the application form. Candidates are required to provide mandatory information in their NTSE 2018 application form so as to appear in the exam.
NTSE Examination Pattern
All the students need to appear in two stages of the exam. The exam will be segregated in two different papers consisting of Scholastic Aptitude Test and Mental Ability Test. NTSE 2018 exam will be held in pen and paper mode. The questions asked in the paper will be multiple choice types. Students will be given one marks for every correct answer whereas there is no provision for negative markings in the exam for stage 1 but in stage 2 students will have to face negative marking also.
Once a student qualifies both the stages i.e. stage 1 and stage 2 of NTSE exam he/she has to undergo selection procedure explained below;
- NTSE Stage-I: under the first stage students have to appear in 3 days window which is organized by states/UTs. It is held by the month of November 2017. Stage 1exam can be attempted by only those students who are undergoing class 10 from a school recognized by the government of India.
- NTSE Stage-II: under the second stage only those students are eligible who have qualified the stage 1 exam. It is held by the month of May 2018 which will be conducted by NCERT nationwide.
Reservation under NTSE:
Candidates are also given a certain amount of reservation under this scholarship exam which is given below.
- Physically Challenged students- 3% reservation
- ST students- 7.5% reservation
- SC students- 15% reservation
NTSE Admit Card:
All the students who are appearing in the exam will have to collect their admit card through the offline medium. As the board will not be releasing the admit card online. All the students can avail their admit card for NTSE exam 2017 from .the chief superintendent of the exam, at the exam centre assigned to them.
NTSE 2017 Results
The state conducting exams for students under stage 1 has already announced the results thus all those students who are eligible for stage 2 can wait for their results by the month of November 2017.
Cutoff for NTSE 2017-18 exams
The board conducting exam will declare the cutoff for all the students this cutoff will be based on the marks each student obtains in different category and subjects under NTSE exam. Following is the tentative cutoff of each paper and category for NTSE 2017 exams.
|Test Papers||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Marks / Percentage|
|Paper I MAT||49 *||35% (17.15)||40% (19.6)|
|Paper II English||50||35% (17.5)||40% (20.0)|
|Paper II Hindi||50||35% (17.5)||40% (20.0)|
|Paper III SAT||96 **||35% (33.6)||40% (38.4)|
|Total Marks||145||35% (50.75)||40% (58)|