All the state government and UT provide Post Matric Scholarship to a large number of students after they clear their class 10 exams. The scholarship is provided to students to complete their higher studies. Post matric scholarship is provided to various meritorious students who are financially weak to afford professional level courses it is provided to students of the state who belong to backward class line OBC, SC, and ST whereas it is also provided to general category even in few states like Uttar Pradesh as there are many students in general category even who are unable to afford their education due to financial issues.
Objective of Minority Post Matric Scholarship:
It has been the main objective of the government since a long time to make more and more people educated. The Growth of education has been an important motto of our government thus it has launched various schemes to increase the number of educated personals in our country. The Minority Affairs provides a large number of scholarships one of them is Post Matric Scholarship provided to students of backward classes. The main objective of the scholarship is to avail financial help and assistance to different students belonging to OBC, SC, ST studying at the level of matriculation or post-secondary stage so as they complete their higher level education.
The post matric scholarship is available for a large number of Indian students only who want to complete their higher education. This scholarship is given by the government of state/union territory to which the student belongs.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
Following are various eligibility criteria for students to get post matric scholarship.
- The scholarship is only available for students of Indian origin belonging to backward classes as notified by the government.
- Post matric scholarship is available to study recognized courses only- consisting of matriculation post and secondary courses which an applicant pursues in recognized college or institute only. The scholarship is not available for applicants who undergo distance learning courses or training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s courses and Private Pilot License curses, Courses at Training-ship duffer.
- All the applicant who fall under the backward category of the state/UT are eligible and who are already permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or some other higher examination from a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The entire applicant who has cleared a stage of education and are presently studying in the same stage of education with different subjects for instance- . I. SC after I.A or B.Com, after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible
- The entire applicant will not be eligible who have already completed any of the professional courses earlier. For instance LLB after B.T/B.Ed will not be eligible.
- The entire applicants who are already undergoing their Post graduate course in medicine are eligible only if they do not go for practice along with the course.
- The entire applicant who after failing or passing their Under Graduate/PostGraduate examinations in Arts/science/ Commerce then join any recognized professional or Technical certificate /diploma/degree course will be given scholarships if otherwise eligible.
- An applicant who has already received any kind of financial assistance from the government for any kind of coaching of the pre-examination training centers will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Annual Family Income: For all the applicants who wish to avail the post matric scholarship then their family income should not be less than 2, 00,000 (2 Lakhs) Per Annum. This limit of 2 lakhs is same for all the category students including SC, ST, OBC, and Minority & General.
- The Scholarship will be given to only two children from the same parent or guardians. However, this restriction of two children eligible for scholarship is not applicable in case of girl’s child who wants to pursue their higher education. Thus it is also to be kept in mind that scholarship once availed by girls will not restrict the eligibility of scholarship for boys from the same parent or guardians.
- The applicant cannot hold two scholarship at the same time they must then continue with such scholarship which is more beneficial for them and then the applicant further has to inform the authority about the same circumstances.
Scholarship rates and courses:
There are wide ranges of courses which are eligible for availing scholarship these courses are divided into four groups named A, B, C and D. an applicant can know further detail about the same from the official website of their respective state government. Once an applicant gets selected on the grounds of their academic merit and annual family income they are then given the scholarship as per the following rates mentioned below:
|Group 1||Rs. 550||Rs. 1200|
|Group 2||Rs. 530||Rs. 820|
|Group 3||Rs. 300||Rs. 570|
|Group 4||Rs. 230||Rs. 380|
Following are the list of various documents which are required by the student in order to avail the scholarship-
- Certificate for proof of Residence.
- Income Certificate.
- College/School mark sheets/certificates in support of educational qualifications.
- Caste Certificate if belonging to the special category.
- Birth Certificate
Procedure to Check Scholarship Status Online
An applicant can check their Scholarship Status Online once they have applied for the same by following the below-mentioned steps.
- One must first visit the official website i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
- Then from the status tab of the menu bar, one must click on “Application Status” to view the details
- Now after the above steps an applicant needs to enter their unique detail i.e. registration no. of DOB.
- Once an applicant clicks the submit option he will be able to view the application status on the screen.