Indian Railways has made the announcement for RRB Recruitment for the year 2018 – 2019. Thus all the aspirants who want to work with Indian Railways under the post of Non- Technical & Technical Popular Categories commonly known as NTPC can apply through the official website of RRB from September 2017. Candidates need to appear in the examination for these Group A, B, C posts. From this year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will conduct an online examination. The exam is expected to be held in the month of April 2018. All the eligible candidates can apply through online application form which will be released by the month of September. RRB Online exam will be held for the recruitment of 2.5 Laks posts. This will be a golden opportunity for all the aspirants who want to work with Indian railways. Following are more details about the exam regarding its eligibility, important dates, and application form etc.
Latest RRB Notification 2017 – 2018
Update 15.07. 2017: According to Ministry of Railways, Government of India, will release notification to recruit 180000 posts in the month of September 2017. Application for the said vacant position will be accepted online. From this year, the Aadhar Card is mandatory to fill online application. Following positions will be filled through this RRB Recruitment Process.
Following are the important dates regarding RRB Online exam 2018, students should note that these are the only tentative date they are required to visit the official website for more updates.
RRB Recruitment Eligibility Criteria:
Following are the details regarding the eligibility criteria for RRB NTPC 2018 exam.
- All the candidates will be considered eligible only when they possess a Matric / ITI / degree Certification in any stream from a recognized university or Institute.
- All the candidate must fall within the age group from 18 years to 40 years
- However, candidates belonging to backward category are also given certain age relaxation as mentioned below-
- Age relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST – 5 years whereas for OBC candidates- 3 years.
Note: Exact qualification post wise will be updated here as and when the notification of RRB for 2.5 lakh jobs will release.
RRB Online Application Form:
A candidate who wishes to take part in this opportunity will have to submit the online application through their regional RRB’s Website. The application can be submitted either online or offline. Candidates can fill their application form only from the official website of RRB. Following are the details regarding the procedure to fill the application form for RRB Recruitment 2018 – 2019 exams.
- At first, candidates are required to visit the official website of RRB
- Then the candidates are required to search for the link for filling application form and then click on the same
- After the above steps candidate will be redirected to a page where they will be required to register using their personal details. After this, they will be provided with unique registration ID and Password.
- Candidates are then required to login again using their registration ID and Password. Now they are required to fill the application form by providing all the mandatory information asked in the form
- Candidates are also required to attach and upload their recent passport size photograph and signature along with their application form. And click on submit button
- At last, they are required to pay the prescribed fee after which they will be able to print their finally filled in application form for further purposes.
- The board conducting RRB Online Exam 2018 has not released the fees details for the exam.
- Candidates belonging to the general category are required to pay the fee which they can pay through online mode via debit cards, credit cards or net banking.
- Whereas candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/Ex-Servicemen/Physically Handicapped people are exempted from application fee.
All the aspirants must be aware of the exam pattern asked in the RRB Recruitment online exam thus following are the details regarding the exam patterns-
Exam Pattern of 1st Stage CBT
- The first level will comprise of computer based test all the students will be allotted a maximum of 90 minutes for this paper. Whereas candidates belonging to PWD category will be allotted 120 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked in this level will be 100 questions. These questions will be objective type format
- Candidates should also note that there will be negative marking in the exam 1/3 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer
- This level will be conducted in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, konkani, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Manipuri, Malayalam, and Urdu language.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||25||25|
Exam Pattern of 2nd Stage CBT
- The second level of the exam will comprise of 120 questions
- All the students who clear level 1 are eligible for level 2 exams
- Students will be given a maximum of 90 minutes to complete their paper
- The paper will comprise of objective type questions. Thse question will be from areas like Arithmetic, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||30||30|
RRB Admit Card 2018 – 2019:
All the eligible candidates can download their admit card once it gets released by the board conducting the exam. Students can download their admit card from the official website of the RRB NTPC by entering their unique registration details provided at the time of registration. Students should note that admit card is mandatory documents in order to appear in the exam.
RRB Result 2018 for Online Exams:
Once exams are completed the board will also announce the results for RRB NTPC 2018. All the candidates who appeared for the exam can view and download their results from the official website of the board. The expected date of declaration of results is by the month of May 2018. Once the results are declared candidates will be eligible for counseling.a